Home
As of Dec. 18th this is a done deal. All of my trophy application TAGS services will now be in the hands of Worldwide Trophy Adventures (WTA).

Ever heard of them? Anyone use these folks for tag applications?

John.
This just adds to the Bass Pro acquisition of Cabelas rumor...
I found a link to a news article:

http://www.starherald.com/news/tidb...8d1457a-a748-11e5-ae6f-7bc404ae1789.html
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek

No, this is a FACT. They sold it and I know this to be true because I called them about it.

Now, the question is for those thousands of people who use Cabelas TAGS etc. they now need to use Worldwide Trophy Adventures- Who has ever heard of these guys?
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek

No, this is a FACT. They sold it and I know this to be true because I called them about it.

Now, the question is for those thousands of people who use Cabelas TAGS etc. they now need to use Worldwide Trophy Adventures- Who has ever heard of these guys?

You misunderstood what Lee wrote. Another indicator might have been Cabelas selling their real estate wing to Sports Afield some time ago.
Thank you EdM; you're right. My bad. Yes, it shows that they're selling off all of their non-core assets to (re)focus on the retail operations.

Really interesting...
Sooooo World Wide Trophy Adventures isn't Blair's is it?
Originally Posted by ingwe
Sooooo World Wide Trophy Adventures isn't Blair's is it?

Cabela’s Outdoor Adventures and Trophy Application Guide Service are getting a new owner. In a Cabela’s communication Friday, CEO Tommy Millner announced that Mark Peterson of Worldwide Trophy Adventures is acquiring the travel-related business. This was not unexpected, as Cabela’s announced earlier this year it was seeking a strategic partner to purchase the business.

According to Millner’s announcement, as the businesses ownership transitions to Peterson, WTA will maintain an office in Sidney, and all OA and T.A.G.S. employees will either stay with Cabela’s or be offered a job with WTA.

Millner also said that under the agreement, customers of the travel and guide services will receive the same perks as when it was a Cabela’s owned business, including using and earning Cabela’s Club points and redeeming gift cards. Millner said Cabela’s executive leadership team is “confident that it will be a smooth transition for our valued customers and, most importantly, the Outfitters that make OA and T.A.G.S. an industry leader.”
Find it ironic that I received by TAGS/Adventures catalog yesterday.
Originally Posted by pointer
Find it ironic that I received by TAGS/Adventures catalog yesterday.

I did, too. And I've never expressed any interest in T.A.G.S. Nor am I a great customer of Cabelas.

Steve.
© 24hourcampfire