Home
John,
Have you had any experience with the German Made RWS Small Rifle Primers? I've seen them in a few spots for $68 per 2500. Playing it safe for the moment with CCI, however, would like your take on them...

Regards, Matt.
Matt,

Haven't tried the RWS primers yet, but probably should, as all the RWS ammo and brass I've used has been top-notch.

Have also had good luck with Tula (Russian) SR primers, though right now they're apparently not being imported, probably for political reasons. Luckily I stocked up when they were available.

Am going to be doing a test with Sellier & Bellot primers for Handloader this summer, both SR and LR, in a bunch of rifles. The reviews I've seen have all been good.
John,
Much obliged... Will look forward to the results of your testing.

Regards, Matt.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Matt,

Haven't tried the RWS primers yet, but probably should, as all the RWS ammo and brass I've used has been top-notch.

Have also had good luck with Tula (Russian) SR primers, though right now they're apparently not being imported, probably for political reasons. Luckily I stocked up when they were available.

Am going to be doing a test with Sellier & Bellot primers for Handloader this summer, both SR and LR, in a bunch of rifles. The reviews I've seen have all been good.

John,

I've had really good luck with S&B factory .223. Perhaps the best 55gr FMJ factory stuff I've shot. Based on this experience I'd certainly give their SR primers a try for the right price.
Recently noticed that the website where I purchased the S&B primers is now out of 'em, perhaps because the price was so good. I bought 1000 each of LR and SR, and even with the hazmat fee and shipping the total price was about as low as ANY primers found in local stores, and cheaper than some.
Today Cabelas had them for $24.99 a thousand. Some of each, along with a couple pounds of TAC managed to follow me home.
Now there's a deal!
I glom onto all the RWS primers I find. My last score of a brick of 2500 LR ones is about used up and I'm getting a little antsy. I keep the CCI's in reserve for the RWS's.
© 24hourcampfire