Home
Nice article. Lots of good food for thought.
Thanks, but which article are you referring to?
Bigger, Better, Best.
Still have no clue which one it is, because they often change the titles on my articles. In fact, the editor does it so often I normally just use a basic, generic title, saving the energy for other stuff.

This is starting to remind me of conversations I frequently had with an employee of a local gun store. I'd wander into the store and he'd say, "I really liked your last article!" Since I average writing five articles a month, and there's usually anywhere from 2-6 months (and sometimes a year) before they appear, I also had no idea which he meant, so would ask. He'd look really puzzled, as if surely the author of an article would know which one was his "last."
Perhaps this one?

http://gunsmagazine.com/bigger-badder-best/

By whatever title, I agree - good article.
Thanks! That cleared it up. Glad you guys liked it.
Great article.
I like the next article you are going to write...
A 222 Magnum feature?
I just read MD's review of the Leupy VX-R 4-12 with CDS.

I enjoyed the discussion of the CDS and have 2 CDS scopes myself that I still need to order the custom dials. But I flit around from load to load and it's hard to commit to just one.
Kirk,

Actually, you won't like it, since it's about some handloading techniques you never do, and can't believe anybody else would bother with!
I can't wait!
Going thru a two step program here to mend my hoarding ways. She said she has no patience for a twelve step program, so it's "Throw it out now" and I throw it out (step two).

Part of that severe treatment included ditching several boxes of old Rifle and Handloader treasures, many from over twenty years ago. Gone are numerous treatises by JB that I will no longer be able to refer to.

On the bright side, I will no longer hafta spend days trying to find which pile an article was in, that I wanted to revisit. That and I'd need to live to be about 90 now, to have 20 year old piles of magazines around.

So, keep up the good work. I can read 'em and find a new place to start the next accumulation.
JB, I stumbled into the shot thing some almost sixty years ago, while in college. I ran our to "my cove" where my blind was located, opened the trunk, and there was nothing but 7 1/2 field loads in there. I'm there, sunrise close, so I spread the decoys and waited.

The ducks began to arrive and I slayed them. 35 yards would have been a long shot.

A few years ago I had to have a pacemaker. The attendant blood thinners allow me to bruise quite easily. I decided to break out my Model 42 for dove two years ago. I had tested the ammo. 2 1/2 inch 8.5 clays shot patterned better and penetrated pine boards better than 3" hunting loads.

Out to 25-30 yards the clays load works just fine. I do not recall more fun at dove. One just has to let the high/long flyers go.

Thanks for your works,

Jack
© 24hourcampfire