Home
Alliant's Power Pro 2000MR appears to be close in burning speed to Ramshot Big Game. JB got top velocities for 9.3x62 and 286 gr bullets with Big Game. But Big Game has been MIA for 3 years now. Power Pro 2000MR is actually available.

I need an easy to meter ball powder to replace Big Game in 9.3x62 286 gr loads and .30-06 150 gr loads. Is Power Pro 2000MR it or are there any other candidates?
I dunno, but do know that Big Game just showed up again. It's for sale on several websites, and probably will be showing up in stores too.
That's great news. I really didn't want to start load development all over again, but I'm running low on ammo.
Have not used it in 9.3x62 but have used it in 416 Ruger. It gives the highest velocity loads as shown in the 416 Hornady loading data. Pertinent because both the 9.3 and 416 are of medium capacity case volume for the bore size.
My Ruger African in 9.3x62 likes MuleDeer's loads using RL-15 and 250 grain Nosler Accubonds.
Not 9.3 but PP2000MR in a 308Win with heavier bullets is capable of some very impressive velocities with great accuracy. You will have slight temp swings. It is worth a try imo.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I dunno, but do know that Big Game just showed up again. It's for sale on several websites, and probably will be showing up in stores too.

Found Hunter and Big Game on line last week. Managed to snag 8# of Hunter and 4# of Big Game. It arrived about 3 hours ago.
© 24hourcampfire