Home
Posted By: hanco Panic Buying - 07/27/16
If Clinton wins, are we going to have another BIG round of panic buying? Or do you think people have hoarded enough guns and supplies?
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Being in the business, I see that most people panic bought and watched the price gouging and are set, in their own minds.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Since gun sales are at an all time high and gun manufacturers are running 24 / 7 just to keep up, we have been in a panic buying mode since the assclown moved in the White-house.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Will do a bit of stockpilling me thinks. Bitch!
Posted By: Hotload Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Originally Posted by hanco
........ enough guns and supplies?

Only when I can not shut the front door because of all the guns,

only then will I have enough. grin
Posted By: whelennut Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Fleet Farm has good prices on hicap AR 15 magazines. wink
Posted By: tzone Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Anyone want to panic buy a Remington 700 Mt rifle in .280? grin
Posted By: whelennut Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Does it say Tactical on it?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
I prefer the term "Carefully Considered Accumulation".

Enough for everything I may want or need to do, plus a bit more.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
I have been focusing mine. Down to higher quality and fewer. But I will gladly panic if you guys wanna lol
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
I kind’a like panic buying. Racing to the store, cussing every driver and stop light who slows you down, then race walking from the parking lot to the ammo/components shelves, heart pounding, eyes scanning for yet another 10,000 primers or 16-24 pounds of powder while you warily eye anyone else on the aisle, that hysterical giggling when you score – it is the stuff of life itself...
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
No panic, just buying or selling according to market conditions ! If Hilldog wins, guns, ammo and components will be much more valuable than money.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
No panic buying for me.
Just PROTEST buying.
The Brown piece of crap that runs our state just signed into law that we have to register to buy ammo. Starting 1/1/17
my protest so far is 2400 rounds of ammo and 48#s of powder
before the end of the year it will be more in PROTEST of our leaders.
I do not need any more than I already had.
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
PANIC!!, PANIC!!...did someone say PANIC!!!???

Sure, I'm in if'n ya' ll wanna panic.

Makes it easier to justify my gun purchases to the missus!
Posted By: ChetAF Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
I hope so! I have a Sig 556 I want to sell.......

Posted By: ChetAF Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Originally Posted by tzone
Anyone want to panic buy a Remington 700 Mt rifle in .280? grin

Is it one with a regular floor plate (not the detachable mag)?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Panic Buying - 07/27/16
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I kind’a like panic buying. Racing to the store, cussing every driver and stop light who slows you down, then race walking from the parking lot to the ammo/components shelves, heart pounding, eyes scanning for yet another 10,000 primers or 16-24 pounds of powder while you warily eye anyone else on the aisle, that hysterical giggling when you score – it is the stuff of life itself...

An excellent representation of the membership!
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
If Hillary wins in November we will see another wave of panic buying. How does the industry gear up for another wave of " potential" panic buying that may of not happen.

For the gun industry to prepare for a buying spree takes months of production planing, buying raw material, and importantly $$ investment in increasing production.

For a manufacturer just to watch the polling between Trump and Hillary is not enough info to prepare for a 4th quarter
buying spree that may or may not come.

My guess most will stay the production course planned since the beginning of the year.

Doc

Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
We've seen a strong sales year. We've done some things to inhibit growth, but the NICS numbers don't lie. Gun sales are up everywhere.

if anybody in the business hasn't seen a summer spike in handguns and AR's, they don't have the right product or the right price. In May, June and July we sold in excess of 1100 Smith and Wesson Sport II's. The Smith programs were running and we were able to sell the rifles below normal wholesale.

Programs are over now, so prices go back to normal. Demand will far exceed supply in the 4th quarter and the manufacturers know this. They're producing all they can while it lasts.

I don't see this as long term health for the business.. When consumers buy whatever the manufacturer decides to put on the shelf, quality is compromised and it prohibits product innovation.

We all know what's going to happen until the election. It's the post election that interests me. I'm spending money preparing for the blitz, but I'm not spend friviously either.

After Trump wins, you'll see deals like never before in the industry. The immediate threat will be gone and inventory levels will be at all time highs. 2017 will be a buyers market.

Until he's sworn in, you'll see panic buying at higher levels than we witnessed in 2013.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
We've seen a strong sales year. We've done some things to inhibit growth, but the NICS numbers don't lie. Gun sales are up everywhere.

if anybody in the business hasn't seen a summer spike in handguns and AR's, they don't have the right product or the right price. In May, June and July we sold in excess of 1100 Smith and Wesson Sport II's. The Smith programs were running and we were able to sell the rifles below normal wholesale.

Programs are over now, so prices go back to normal. Demand will far exceed supply in the 4th quarter and the manufacturers know this. They're producing all they can while it lasts.

I don't see this as long term health for the business.. When consumers buy whatever the manufacturer decides to put on the shelf, quality is compromised and it prohibits product innovation.

We all know what's going to happen until the election. It's the post election that interests me. I'm spending money preparing for the blitz, but I'm not spend friviously either.

After Trump wins, you'll see deals like never before in the industry. The immediate threat will be gone and inventory levels will be at all time highs. 2017 will be a buyers market.

Until he's sworn in, you'll see panic buying at higher levels than we witnessed in 2013.

I like the way you think!
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I'm pretty satisfied with what I have and don't plan on doing any buying or selling based on what is or isn't happening in Washington. I would like to get some 22 magnums. But it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon.
Posted By: Odessa Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
Panic buying is what other gun owners do - responsible hoarding is what we each actually do.
Posted By: mart Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I panic bought a Marlin 39AS Monday. Price was too good not to and I had forgotten how much fun a lever 22 is to shoot. I had a ball with it at the range Tuesday.

I have been responsibly hoarding powder and primers since they became more available. I still can't find much of one of my favorites, Alliant 2400. I scored a couple of pounds of it a few weeks ago but would love to find an eight pounder.
Posted By: arky65 Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I panic bought some bullets last night.
Posted By: Fanofthefortyone Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
If you want to call it panic buying you can, but I ordered one of these a couple days ago,
http://www.giraudtool.com/prod02.htm
Ronnie
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I am planning on some panic selling, get rid of things no longer needed/wanted and buy some new stuff.
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
Nice tool..you must do a lot of reloading
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I've been hoarding and panic buying since 1992
Posted By: ftbt Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone
If you want to call it panic buying you can, but I ordered one of these a couple days ago,
Ronnie

I have been eyeing one of those for some time. Still a wait for them?
Posted By: Bugger Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
Bullets
Primers
Brass
Ammo

The bitch will go after these.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I am quitting buying 1lb bottles of powder. Am going with staple H4350, Varget, IMR 4831, and 7728 in 8lb jugs. I have seen the light.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone
Ronnie

Love mine would not reload with out one now that I have been spoiled with it.
Supposed to ship August 22, so little less than a month wait.
Ronnie
I wanted it mostly for 223 and 308 and 6.8 SPC and for the 204 Ruger I just bought.
Ronnie
Posted By: efw Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I'm not panicked at all but can see the writing on the wall so every couple weeks I buy a couple lbs of powder for the AR, some 223 cal bullets, a brick or 3 of 22 LR, and 1k or so small rifle primers.

By the time the panic wears off on Inauguration Day 2017 I'll have what I need for another year or so. And if the panic doesn't wear off, I'll have enough for another year or so.

I WILL NOT be flipping my hoarded stash at a profit.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Panic Buying - 07/28/16
I expect to see empty store shelves before November.

Mike
Posted By: leomort Re: Panic Buying - 07/29/16
After watching the DNC convention on TV, I expect shortages again for another 4years.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Panic Buying - 07/29/16
I think I need a few more 8lb'ers of TAC...
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Panic Buying - 07/29/16
What's the difference between sex and .22 ammo?

It's possible to have enough sex...
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Panic Buying - 07/29/16
She won't be able to do anything for at least 2 years except scare pussies
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Panic Buying - 07/29/16
Panic buying isn't a problem for a poor bastard like me. I spent ALL my money on land and it has been tight.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Panic Buying - 07/29/16
I found 4K federal 215 primers yesterday. I bought them all. Of course I would have bought them all if a republican was president.

Dink
Posted By: blanket Re: Panic Buying - 07/29/16
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
What's the difference between sex and .22 ammo?

It's possible to have enough sex...
or you can still buy sex
Posted By: hanco Re: Panic Buying - 07/30/16
I panic bought 250 Nosler 6.5 ballistic yesterday. Lot of wild pigs at deer lease to kill. Saw a solid white boar pig around 180 lbs. couldnt get a shot at him. First white one I have seen. We have a few white turkeys too. Anyone ever seen a white wild turkey?
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Panic Buying - 07/31/16
I have seen people buy AR-15s and never shoot them just because they're afraid AR-15s will become illegal. The recent dictat from Konnecticut grandfathers in AR-15s if you already own them, as I understand it.

I have been tempted to buy an AR-15 for just this reason. But when I think about it rationally, I think that a reasonably good shot (me) armed with a good hunting rifle would easily defeat the typical thug if the thug had an AR-15. Especially since I would be shooting a far deadlier bullet than a .223.

I suspect that most of these morons or jihadists shoot 55 grain FMJ bullets. Such are illegal for deer hunting in most states because they are too underpowered.

Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Panic Buying - 07/31/16
I am a trap and skeet shooter who reloads. Yesterday at the LGS I bought 50 pounds of shot, all the W209 primers I wanted, and an 8-pound bottle of my favorite powder. I could have bought wads, loaded ammo, or anything else if I'd needed it. There also seemed to be a lot of pistol and rifle ammo. They did have a sign, though, that powder sales were limited to 8 pounds per day per person.

So is the shortage over?
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Panic Buying - 07/31/16
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I am a trap and skeet shooter who reloads. Yesterday at the LGS I bought 50 pounds of shot, all the W209 primers I wanted, and an 8-pound bottle of my favorite powder. I could have bought wads, loaded ammo, or anything else if I'd needed it. There also seemed to be a lot of pistol and rifle ammo. They did have a sign, though, that powder sales were limited to 8 pounds per day per person.

So is the shortage over?

I have had good luck buying everything but federal 210 and 215 primers.

Dink
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Panic Buying - 07/31/16
Hasn't been .22 shells up here for years.

I guess they make it as far north as Billings.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Panic Buying - 07/31/16
Hanco: Of recent (since barrack hussein obama and the hildabeast have come to power!) I have been buying more and more firearms that are barrack hussein obama and the hildabeast "proof"!
Over the many past decades that I have been "into" guns I never gave a thought to my personal guns having a "paper trail".
Of recent though, I do!
Call that panic (or paranoid?) but I indulge in it at every opportunity.
I simply do not trust the hildabeast or barrack hussein obama any farther than I could throw them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: 16bore Re: Panic Buying - 08/01/16
Probably not a bad time to be a 30-06 guy...
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Panic Buying - 08/02/16
I dunno. Sold a gun last week to a gunshop. Owner said it for him, not for sale. He's got enough already?
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: Panic Buying - 08/04/16
Originally Posted by hanco
If Clinton wins, are we going to have another BIG round of panic buying? Or do you think people have hoarded enough guns and supplies?

The last I heard from Clinton regarding the matter, she was speaking of "modifying" the Second Amendment.

If she wins, with the impetus for more gun control among the liberal mega regions including the clueless all among the land who decide things on emotion, I think we will see more ominous attempts at severe restrictions.

Whether or not her winning (please no) will spawn another panic buying spree at don't know.
Posted By: hanco Re: Panic Buying - 08/04/16
If Clinton is elected, she will ban high capacity magazines for sure.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Panic Buying - 08/04/16
Might be interesting to see how many AR's and high capacity magazines will become "lost overboard"...
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Panic Buying - 08/05/16
I cast near 1,000 bullets last weekend.

Any y'all in a panic to buy?

Tuff, they ain't fer sale.

Posted By: SSB Re: Panic Buying - 08/05/16
Our arms locker is pretty full at present. I suspect if we need more than what we have there will be plenty laying around..........
Posted By: 1minute Re: Panic Buying - 08/05/16
I too am afraid we'll have another tough 4 years.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Panic Buying - 08/06/16
Lads, don't worry about this crap. Market demands, politics, BS etc. You got the will, you'll find a way. It's what we do here in the USA, most of us anyway.

We're shooters. Go shoot something. You can use a cap or a rock for ignition, make your own powder, reload .22 RF and all sorts of hooey. Knuckle down and do it...........

Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Panic Buying - 08/06/16
I'm much better prepared than I was last time. Might not be able to try Blastmaster 22 in my .292 Wankercranker, but I'll be able to shoot everything I've got, even my Hornet, as much as I want, even for two terms of the fat bitch, if it comes to that. Most of my stuff has been acquired through normal purchasing for load development and preparing for hunting, only a little for "just in case". I even have enough .22s, as well as a powerful springer airgun.

It's doubtful that even under Clinton they'll be coming for our loading supplies, but "common sense" restrictions on mail order purchases are possible if we lose both houses of Congress. People living on the West Coast are already feeling the pinch thanks to the governors and legislatures elected by the double-no-fun latte crowd that dominates their politics.

Anyone that doesn't reload and hasn't put a little something away for a rainy day is bound to regret it, if not now, then later.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Panic Buying - 08/06/16
Originally Posted by 1minute
I too am afraid we'll have another tough 4 years.

Four will easily become eight and the damage done to the Constitution will take decades if ever to be reversed.
I say she represents the end of the line.
Posted By: hanco Re: Panic Buying - 08/06/16
Got ahold of 5000 pieces of 223 brass. Should be set for brass. Need more powder, bullets
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Panic Buying - 08/07/16
Well I bought a pound of 4320 and a box of 38 Super last Friday.

Not in panic mode. Just in disgust mode of having to go to town and deal will morons around ever turn. Besides I prolly won't last as long as all the stuff I got. Not a defeatist, just a realist.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Panic Buying - 08/07/16
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Not in panic mode. Just in disgust mode of having to go to town and deal will morons around ever turn. Besides I prolly won't last as long as all the stuff I got. Not a defeatist, just a realist.

this is my story and i's sticking to it!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Panic Buying - 08/07/16
Don't go often myself, but my dog insists on eating regularly, won't hunt, and can't drive.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Panic Buying - 08/07/16
Dogs are like that! wink
Posted By: pseshooter300 Re: Panic Buying - 08/08/16
Here you go if the link works maybe your dog is a Democrat https://youtu.be/H3VLqLLWxbQ
Posted By: Joe Re: Panic Buying - 08/09/16
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
Here you go if the link works maybe your dog is a Democrat https://youtu.be/H3VLqLLWxbQ

Loved it!! ROFLMAO laugh laugh
© 24hourcampfire