Home
Posted By: Marcus Holster for S&W 686 Plus 3" ? - 10/19/16
Today I was overcome by an orphan S&W 686 Plus 3" revolver on the way to the office to pick up my patrol car and go on my merry way spreading joy and good will. I started looking for a holster online after I got off and did not find much of anything. Do any of the experts have some suggestions on holsters ?
I'm only expert on what I like, but I have a Milt Sparks IWB in black horsehide for my 4" 620 that's very nice and fits perfectly. The rub is the price and the wait; 7 months in my case.

I also have a silver dollar pancake by Simply Rugged for my M63 that's a peach, cost just $90, including the optional strap and IWB straps, and took just a couple of weeks to get. It works strong-side, crossdraw, and IWB. Pretty sure they make a similar rig for the L-frame as well. Might ask Santa for one myself for my 620. Excellent stuff. A bonus is that some models will fit a set of straps that convert them to a tanker-style rig for field carry.
Here are the two I use, although, mine is a shorter bbl.

Galco Silhouette

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/galco-...zw0VlGiIBxML9oJkUKBB90iXVcpcgBoC9Qnw_wcB

[Linked Image]

Safariland 527

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-S...4&sr=8-5&keywords=safariland+527

[Linked Image]

Here's a 686 Plus 3" and Simply Rugged pancake holster / Chesty Puller harness. I specified 3" barrel on the order and there's enough length to take a 4" as well. I suspect his pattern is for the 4" L frame.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice!

I need to get the CP straps for my Soudough and 3.75" SBH.
Pappy, you might check out El Paso Saddlery.
Posted By: djs Re: Holster for S&W 686 Plus 3" ? - 10/23/16
Originally Posted by JGray
Here's a 686 Plus 3" and Simply Rugged pancake holster / Chesty Puller harness. I specified 3" barrel on the order and there's enough length to take a 4" as well. I suspect his pattern is for the 4" L frame.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

simply Rugged makes a great holster. I bought a S&W 69 (4", 44 Mag., L-Frame) and couldn't find a holster from Galco, etc. so I ordered a simply Rugged. Very satisfied.
If you go to their website, watch the video demonstration of the owner putting on the chest rig. Pretty funny.
Thanks ! Very much ! I have been busy and have not been back on the Campfire since I asked y'all on the 19th. I will look at the options suggested and try to see how soon I can get one of these.
Good Shooting !
Marcus.
© 24hourcampfire