Home
I have a Garmin 64st that comes with 1:100,000 maps and some satellite imagery.

I'd like to get 1:24,000 maps and I'd like to see boundaries of public/private land.

Where do I find software to do this? What do you recommend, especially for a limited budget?
For 24K maps I use the free ones.
gpsfiledepot.com

I used onXmaps on my phone for Sat images on this yrs elk hunt. I think it is about $30/yr

Be Safe,
Thanks!
Originally Posted by claybreaker

I used onXmaps on my phone for Sat images on this yrs elk hunt. I think it is about $30/yr

If you can charge your phone at the end of each day, I think this is the way to go. An iphone (or whatever) touch screen is incomparably easier to navigate. Has property boundaries, private property owner info, and all sort of basemaps to choose from. Just need to download before you go out of cell service.

Garmin Sux
tag
Originally Posted by wildcat33

If you can charge your phone at the end of each day, I think this is the way to go. An iphone (or whatever) touch screen is incomparably easier to navigate. Has property boundaries, private property owner info, and all sort of basemaps to choose from. Just need to download before you go out of cell service.

Garmin Sux

Or a phone from a different maker that you can easily change the battery in the "field". I bought a spare OEM battery this year for $20. The way I used mine I could go many days with a couple of spare batteries.

I haven't looked seriously at solar chargers yet... but I may. Strapped on top of the backpack, several companies have this type of solution. Most these would cost me multiple spare batteries.

^Yep. Good call on the spare battery. Escape the tyranny of apple. Also to note, the maps take up a lot of memory. One of the android devices with a slot for a micro SD card and a replaceable battery would be tits.

Spare battery and solar charger
© 24hourcampfire