Home
Posted By: Armednfree Why is it black or green - 03/12/17
I used the last of my surplus H322. That powder is black. I opened a new can and it is green.

Why? I think I knew this answer as being green cotton based and black is wood as the cellulose source. But I don't remember.
Posted By: shootem Re: Why is it black or green - 03/12/17
That's a quite thought provoking title you have there. I was ready to answer if you look down and it's either black OR green you have a real problem......
Green and VERY dangerous ?

....frog with a grenade.

GTC
Here's the thing, I know I know these answers but I just can't seem to pick them out of my head.

I was the guy that didn't have to write things down, only had to read the directions once. My memory was like a recorder.

Now at 57 I find myself questioning for answers I know I know. And I'm becoming the guy that has notes all over.

I'm too damned young for this. My tack doesn't seem all that sharp anymore.

And now that I searched the subject I know what I knew, it the graphite and control coatings.
Posted By: Elvis Re: Why is it black or green - 03/12/17
Maybe the source of the powder has changed.
Originally Posted by Elvis

I imagine. The first was surplus from who knows when. It was in plastic cans like all Hodgdon powders but says military surplus on it.
Posted By: hanco Re: Why is it black or green - 03/13/17
I like green, cause red ain't mean and blue won't do.
Posted By: johnw Re: Why is it black or green - 03/14/17
Mean Joe was both...
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by Elvis

I imagine. The first was surplus from who knows when. It was in plastic cans like all Hodgdon powders but says military surplus on it.

If it was in plastic cans, it wasn't all that old, and H322 has been more greenish than dark in every batch I've seen for a long time. BUt I've never not liked H322, whether 30, 20, or 10 years ago.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Why is it black or green - 03/16/17
never not liked... oh God you've succumb to the mouthy midget.
Posted By: BMT Re: Why is it black or green - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by johnw
Mean Joe was both...

Winner

😜
© 24hourcampfire