Home
Anyone know? I've attempted to find out but it doesn't seem the information is readily available. Anyone know who actually makes these actions?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Richard
I'm not sure, but my guess would be Kimber.
Last I heard Pine Tree Casting (Ruger) casts the MRC actions and then S&W does the final machining. That info is a few years old, perhaps even before MRC starting making finished rifles so I couldn't say how accurate that is today.
I think you're confusing MRC (Montana Rifle Co) and Kimber... Kimber makes its own stuff, including its "Montana" actions, machined from forged steel. They're made in the greatetr NYC area.

Montana Rifle Co. sells actions that are machined from castings (like Ruger).
Thanks guys. I was thinking Montana supplied actions to Kimber, and that Ruger made the Montana actions. I'd like to know if that is so. Kimber makes their own. That explains the no left hand action.
No affirmative intel? Maybe gunwriters was the wrong place to ask?
What are you wanting to know now? You're asking questions about several actions and doesn't seem like you know which ones are which. Brad laid it out for you.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
What are you wanting to know now? You're asking questions about several actions and doesn't seem like you know which ones are which. Brad laid it out for you.

Thanks for trying Kaleb, but "Montana Rifle Co. sells actions that are machined from castings (like Ruger)" does not tell me who makes MRC actions, which was part of my question. Brad was correct about my confusing the Kimber Montana action with MRC, and I very much appreciate his thoughtful response.
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
it doesn't seem the information is readily available.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Last I heard Pine Tree Casting (Ruger) casts the MRC actions and then S&W does the final machining. That info is a few years old, perhaps even before MRC starting making finished rifles so I couldn't say how accurate that is today.

This was the last information I had as well... I'd bet it's still correct today.
I wonder if Bigstick/Boxer would use up his one post a day to weigh in on this. I'd get my mouth washed out with soap if I attempted to describe what a mental circle jerk this thread is. I think BS/Boxer could put it into words much better than I.
Steve
I have always been under the impression that MRC actions were cast by Ruger/Pinetree.
Thanks guys, I very much appreciate you sharing your information.
Originally Posted by Steve_in_OR
I wonder if Bigstick/Boxer would use up his one post a day to weigh in on this.

That's a crack up, one way to shut him up.
© 24hourcampfire