Home
Posted By: gundog Reloader 26 and Nosler's E-tips - 09/06/17
I posted this on the handloading forum but thought I would here too, as I know some of you that post on this page have been testing / using Reloader 26.

I would like to know if any of you have tried Reloader 26 in a 270 win and 130 gr E-tips? I would be interested in seeing what loads you have been using.

I've been very pleased with Reloader 26 and 150 gr partitions in my 270, and now want to give the 130 gr E-tips a try.

Thanks

Mark
Mark,

I have been shooting both RL26 and 23 recently. On my third pound of each. For the 145- 150 grain bullets, 26 is king. For the 135-140 grain, 26 and 23 seem to run neck and neck at max loads. I tend to think that with the 130 grainers, RL23 would be your best performer.

Bill
Bill,

Do you mind sharing your loads? Since I don't have any 23 right now, I'm really interested in what you've been using with 26.

Thanks.

Mark
gundog,

E-Tips tend to produce noticeably more pressure than other Nosler bullets of the same weight and diameter. I'd give 26 a try with Alliant's 150-grain .270 data and see what happens.
Hi John,

If I follow correctly, use the same starting / max info I have been using for the 150 gr partition loads - for the 130 gr E-tips and Reloader 26 - right?

Mark
Yep. See what velocity is developed before making further decisions.
I get high velocity with Reloader 26 and 150 Grain Bergers in the 270 Win and 270WSM. Accuracy is nothing to brag about.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Yep. See what velocity is developed before making further decisions.

I was considering the same trick with the passel of 90gr E-Tips I have in my .243, but until I save up (!) for my Labradar, I'd be flying blind.
© 24hourcampfire