Home
Posted By: martinbns Terry Weiland? - 10/10/06
Does TerryWeiland post on here?
If not, can anybody get me an email contact?
Thanks
Maritn
Posted By: Turp Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/11/06
Terry Wieland doesn't post here. However, he's a very good friend of mine and I will pass along to him your need to contact him. Send me a PM with the details.

Tom
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/12/06
Would like to see him post here... I like just about everything of his I have read.
art
Posted By: DPhillips Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/12/06
I really like Terry's writing. "Spiral Horn Dreams" is very good. His tales of being a free-lance journalist and slipping into and out of war zones in various African countries is great reading.

Too bad the "Custom Rifle Gazette" fell through. Turp and Terry had a few articles a piece I think. Probably the best single issue of any gun magazine ever published. As I understand it, the financier of the magazine passed away about the time the first was published?

At any rate, I appreciate Turp being here and if we could talk Terry in showing up that would be great too!
Posted By: martinbns Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/12/06
turp
I sent you a pm with details and contact info, it would be great if you could forward to Terry.'
Thks
Martin
Posted By: Turp Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/12/06
All:

I agree that Terry is a great writer. Perhaps, one of these days, he will post here.

Martin: As I told you in the PM, I'll get your note to Terry when he returns home on Saturday.

I agree that Custom Rifle Gazette was a wonderful publication. It is most unfortunate that it only made it through one issue. It sure was fun while it lasted though.

Tom
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/12/06
I will also chime in and say that when I see his name, among a few others, I stop to see what he has written about and usually find it well done.
george
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/13/06
His articles are of the highest quality,regardless of the magazine they are in. The recent Gray's Sporting Journal had a great article about the lowly .22 rimfire. And the new issue of Rifleshooter has an equally good piece about refurbishing old rifles.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/13/06
Did he get his citizenship yet?
Posted By: Turp Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/13/06
Dennis,

Long way to go for citizenship yet. He does have his US work permit and is now a legal resident of the USA. Whether he will eventually go for citizenship, I have no idea. We've not discussed that issue

Tom
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/14/06
He was talking to JB and I at the SHOT this year and he mentioned something about it. For some reason I was thinking that he was close.
Posted By: Turp Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/14/06
Dennis,

I think he was probably referring to his work permit, Green Card, or whatever one calls it. That took quite some time to get. Anyway, he's totally out of Canada now and living in Missouri with his new bride.

Tom
Posted By: SDH Re: Terry Weiland? - 10/14/06
Terry has a new book out with Countrysport Press titled Dangerous Game Rifles.
web]https://secure.downeast.com/csp/product_...pqifgtrhem5]web pageDGR
Haven't seen it but have it on order.
© 24hourcampfire