Home
Free miner asked me to post pictures - here they are
I did the bedding job, I got the stock off the McMillan internet specials. After bedding I had them change the recoil pad, after which they touched up the paint so it looks pretty nice. Shoot well too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/P10104031.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/P10104041.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/P1010405.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/P1010406.JPG[/img]
Whats the weight scoped?

Thanks

Between 7lbs 12oz, and 8.2 lbs IIRC

I'll have to look it up.
That is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Thanks.

Ok I checked it, unloaded it's ~7lbs 14oz. Load it and it's just over 8lbs.

It just a bit front heavy but other than that it's a sweet rig.

Spot
It would be interesting to cut it down a hair to balance it out just a shade better.

Hard to beat it the way it is right now though
I think I need to follow your lead. cool My 550 American 9.3X62 has nice wood that feels like it has all the grace of a 2'X6" plank.
Spotshooter,

thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to post these.
Very nice rig.

no problem, John B got peaked my interest in the 9.3 and aside for the heavy wood on the CZ it's a very nice outfit.

I'm still surprised how accure the rifle shoots.
Yeah, but what about tradition, nostalgia, the 9.3x62 is a traditional cartridge that should be dressed in European walnut, short forend or a manlicher stock, not PLASTIC, that is akin to child molestation, sex with animals, or sodomy and you will be chasing rabbits and howling at the moon within a few weeks! smile smile smile smile

At,

i'm just enjoying the best of both worlds, 9.3x62 in a package I can hump over the rockys without getting tired.

All good.

Spot
Spot....you have an all together go anywhere rifle that is a do-all without much meat damage....good choice and good hunting!

cheers!
Thanks for the pics, I have the same stock on order with McMillan. I have had their CZ AHR pattern stock on my 9.3x62 for about three years now and I wanted a longer LOP. I'll post pics when it arrives, should be any week now as I ordered on 1/31/09.
Oregon, would you mind posting a pic of the AHR pattern?
Was the barreled action originally an FS?
Have any of y'all shot one of these in the CZ FS? I have no need what ever for one but keep feeling this strong pull to have one. That much recoil just for deer hunting.....? Looking at one now, trying to resist.
CZ AHR pattern, %50/50 red and black. This is an exceptionally fast handling stock with a narrow comb, swept back grip and narrow foreend. If you're a bench crawling group shooter look elsewhere; if you love to carry a rifle, this is the stock for you. Too bad McMillan discontinued them wink The barreled action was from an FS model 9.3x62:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I think I like it better than a FS. That is a very trim rifle. Any idea what the weight is with the Mc stock?
8lbs
I like it!

sure that isn't 60% red ?
Yes, it is 50/50.
Beauty!
A beauty alright!

Could an Edge be used on the 9.3's. Reason being, just thinking out loud on a possible project for the future: Edge(maybe a blind-mag), 22" barrel wink
Very nice rig Spot! Thanks for the post and the pics!!! Dee
Nice rig!

Both of my current 9.3x62's are 94/96 2-lug small rings.
I keep velocities to around 2350 with 286's and 2500 with 250's.

One of these days I'll get a 98 based 9.3x62 so I can load the snot out of it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ray - "chasing rabbits and howling at the moon" will get you strange looks from the cops BUT all the rest will land you in slammer with "Bubba". However, back on topic, great looking rifle in a great caliber. One comment - wish CZ would consider a somewhat shorter barrel (say 22, 23 inches)to increase portabilty. Regards, Homesteader.
Oregon45....who produced that stock for you?? I like it and would like to get something like it on my Husky '98.
Mmmm chocolate.
Originally Posted by Dave93
Oregon45....who produced that stock for you?? I like it and would like to get something like it on my Husky '98.

McMillan. They no longer make that model.

I'm going to rebarrel on of my Sako's in 9.3x62 so I'll be posting this CZ in the FS section.

Spot
© 24hourcampfire