Home
For those of you that reload for the 375, which brass is the best in your opinion. In looking around, it appears that Hornady and Remington are the best bang for the buck. But which brand has the best consistency, and reloading life?

maddog
I can only say that after shooting teh factory ammo I have reloaded Federal, Winchester, and Remington cases. I have had no problems with any, but prefer the brass cases vs. the nickel coated brass since the shiny ones seem to resize just a little harder. Really I have not had any issues - I've lost maybe 10 cases out of 500 with 3 or 4 loadings.
WW or Hornady
Norma
Federal
Remington if you can't find anything else
A-Square dead last
I have used WW, Rem,Federal, Speer, I like it all..MOst of my present 375 brass is WW and Rem...RWS is the best brass but hard to come by in .375 these days, Lapua is the next best but I am not sure they make .375 brass.
Can you get 375 WW brass today? If so, where?

maddog
I bought a bunch of Norma brass for my .375, and it's top-notch stuff. Pricey, but really consistent.
I buy .375s in WW in bags of 100 at our local gun shows from time to time. I have not bought any in a year or so, as I have about 1500 to 2000 rounds of loaded 375 H&H, mostly WW brass.
Winchester stopped making 375 H&H brass a couple years ago, and I haven't heard they restarted.

I've had good success with it, but have now switched to Rem due to availability issues.

I use Norma for the rigby and .470, but don't think you need to spend that much for the .375.
I have used Norma, WW, Remington and RWS.

RWS stands out as a clear winner.

Wish I could find more of it!

John
I could only find Remington brass for mine, but was completely happy with it as the necks were all within .0005 on thickness and the weights were all very close. Much better than I expected it to be.
Remington brass has worked well for me.
My preference is Norma brass as its longevity seems very good compared to other brands. That said, in recently buying brass and checking prices, Norma brass was so expensive compared to Remington brass, that I went with the latter.
I use WW but will be needing more soon.So I'll probally go with Remington since WW dosent make 375H&H anymore.
Well, I decided to go with hornady brass, see how I get along.

maddog
I use what ever 375H&H brass I can get as I am in Canada and I cant get it no matter what it is. When I can get it I use Remington brass and it seems to be ok. I do not keep track of how many times I reload each piece, but I can tell it it is a bunch. As for run out, out of 50 pieces I may get 20 or 30 with .002 - .003 -.004 runout. The rest I throw away.
Eaglenester

Prophet River Firearms has Hornady. Clay just sent me 50 from stock. He is on the net
http://www.prophetriver.com/products.php?id=shotguns&category=Shotguns&subCategory=Browning

Randy
Wow. I didn't know Winchester quit selling 375 H&H brass! I am sitting pretty good though, as I have 105 WW Supers in brass and 100 in nickle plated brass.
ive had pretty good luck so far with remington brass myself.
RWS is far and away the best .375H&H brass you can get your hands on if you can get your hands on any at all. I wish I had 300 brand new ones right now. When you can get them the WW was good but a distant second place to RWS. If you got any chance at all of getting a supply of RWS do not think twice about it, Just buy or swap for it. Get on t5he phone to Huntington's in California and ask them what you have to do to get some of the RWS brass and then do what they tell you. I don't know if you really need brass that good for hunting, bt it is the vary best you can get.
WW has worked well for me. Haven't needed to look for any in a few years so I hope I can find some when I need it. However, I am sure Rem, will work fine.
FWIW my reloading shop hasn't had WW 375 H&H for 4 years. I picked up a 100ct. box from Midway in RP today.
R-P for many years with zero problems.
I've used them all and I really can't see a difference. When I heard Winchester stopped making 375 brass, I scoured the country and managed to scrounge about 600 pieces, all new but I started experimentint with all other brands and at least for this caliber, I haven't noticed a difference. jorge
jorge1, happy birthday again. I decided to use hornady brass, and so far I'm very happy!

maddog
I've used R-P brass for my 375 and haven't had any problems with it. I figure the 200 pieces I've got will last me a while!
I've had great luck with Hornady brass in my 416. I did some testing with them comparing them to Norma when they became ourageous. There was no difference in accuracy, velocity or case life. Nice brass. My recent new-found love the 405 WCF uses Hornady brass exclusively and for load development I'm on the fourth and fifth reloads of them with zero problems. oh and thanks again for the b-day greetings smile
I just today added to my supply of Nosler 375 H&H brass. I have some 100 cases of which 20 cases that have been reloaded and fired 12 times. Should be no reason why I can't get to 20+ reloads.
At 20 cut one length ways with a hacksaw, don't forget to anneal once in awhile or the necks will start splitting.
© 24hourcampfire