Home
Posted By: Phoneman Anybody got one of these? - 03/18/11
http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-vx-r-1-25-4x20-matte-rifle-scope.html

30mm leupold 1.25-4X20 with illuminated dot. Was looking to buy a 1.5-5 and saw this one for about 20 bucks more.
Phoneman - nope I don't have one of them "New Industrial Design" Leupold scopes...whatever that means. I didn't see a back-hoe or Cat attached to that scope- did you? All my scopes look like, well, 'scopes! Has some really nice features listed however. Regards, Homesteader.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Anybody got one of these? - 04/16/11
Haven't got one, but have had my hands on one. The VX-R is essentially the Euro with an illuminated dot. If you recall, the Euro was basically a VX-II with a 30mm tube.
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Anybody got one of these? - 04/18/11
gotcha, was wondering if it was VX3 or 2. Guess i'll stick with the 1.5-5X20 then
Hi Dean - so the "Industrial Design" is just 30mm/Euro with a illuminated dot on a VX2 frame? Well, WHY didn't they just say so! Ain't them Marketing guys just great - LOL Regards, Jerry
Posted By: Elkmen Re: Anybody got one of these? - 04/22/11
I have a V-X III 1.5-5 on my Whelen and am very happy with it. I don't think it would be good on squirrels at 300 or so but for most big game its plenty enough scope and it picks up a lot of light "early and late" in the day
Posted By: medicman Re: Anybody got one of these? - 04/22/11
I hunted Africa with shots from 100 to 400 yds and used a 4X40mm scope. I was never under scoped so 1.5x5 sounds good to me. I would like more light than a 20mm offers I would think. Elkmen how is the light transmission on yours?

Randy
© 24hourcampfire