Home
I have a win 70 crf classic ss 375 h&h and want quality mounts. The holes in the rear are very close together so I'm not sure if they make a leupold dual dovetail that doesn't extend up over the action area. I put a set of regular leupold bases and rings on it with a 3-9x40 and it looks stupid with the base extended over the action for no reason. Any recommendations on something with good fit and function. I prob won't be putting a super short scope on it for a while. Now I'm just going with a leupold 3-9x40 but maybe later after I put a different stock on and work up a load or two I may go to a 1.5-5. What do you all think? Thanks in advance.
Talley's, either QD's or fixed. The base will not overhang. Most others will included S&K's, albeit a fine system. I have Michael Scherz making up some bases (for Talley rings) for my 416 as I like the looks of his over the Talley's. More money though.
Got Talley QDs on all of mine. Most have the screw rather than the lever just because I don't like the lever sticking out...
Another vote for the Talley QDs. I've got those on both of my M70, 375's and the same on the .416. Excellent quality bases and rings.
I wanted to put Leupold quick release mounts on my M70 .458Lott. the rear mount did over hang. I filled the existing holes then re=drilled and tapped the action so there was no over hang. Worked a treat. I like have quick release so I can use the iron sights if need be.
© 24hourcampfire