Home
I recently bought the above rifle from sparkman10mm. I had the opportunity to shoot her yesterday. Both Ed Siemon, the well known gun scribe, and I fired two rounds each (Due to the recoil and the lack of availability of Speer .375 - 235 grain bullets for reloading) at 100 - 200 and 300 yards. Contrary to popular opinion about Mannlicher rifles being inherently inaccurate, and exactly as I remembered the lovely rifle from the Gun Digest article I wrote about this rifle in 1994, no group exceeded .95 moa. It was a happy day and the rifle will help me make many more happy days.

Thanks Wells - is is a GREAT rifle.

Terry
Where are the pics of this fine rifle?
Congrats on what should prove to be both an interesting and useful rifle.

Looking forward to a few photos of it. Sako builds a fine rifle.

Re the Speer 235's, I didn't know they were in short supply! Glad I have a couple of boxes left... They shoot well.

Regards, Guy
I will shoot some, possibly next week when I return from the first large mammal hunt of the year!

Terry
Terry,

Congratulations! Sounds like a happy "reunion."

I've owned a number of sporting rifles with full-length stocks and so far all have shot very well. None shot like prairie dog rifles, but all would put three shots in an inch at 100 with little effort. (Well, my Mannlicher-Schoenauer 6.5x54 won't quite do that--but it has iron sights.)
I did notice this one just listed recently...
http://www.gunsinternational.com/SA...75-H-H-ANIB-UNFIRED.cfm?gun_id=100381855
I remember that article! It must have had an impact, because after several other .375's, I ended-up with this:

[Linked Image]

I keep thinking of a 9.3x62, but I can't imagine owning another medium (or big) bore that's as agreeable as this one has been.
Sure is an ugly little thing, you better send it my way wink
Originally Posted by Mesabi
I remember that article! It must have had an impact, because after several other .375's, I ended-up with this:

[Linked Image]

I keep thinking of a 9.3x62, but I can't imagine owning another medium (or big) bore that's as agreeable as this one has been.

I want one of those super cool!!!!!!!!
I Just found this post Terry..I told you she was a shooter!
I am glad you are pleased, I dont believe there could be a better new "home"

Wells

Thanks again Wells - and all of the folks who commented. This, as well as my Ruger #1 and Whitworth Mauser in .375 H&H will be in my will when I kick the bucket list - but they all have added to my ability to finish off that list!

Terry
© 24hourcampfire