Home
Posted By: Rolly Bummed Out ! - 12/14/14
I just went down to our local gun emporium and asked if they had any 375's I could look at. I was hoping I could find one of the Ruger laminated stocked 375 Rugers.

The guy behind the counter said "Nope, we don't carry any 375's. They don't sell. They're specialty guns and not many people want 'em."

I left the store pretty "down in the dumps". I live in the mountain west where people can actually use a 375 pretty easily for elk, bear or moose. Do your stores carry any 375's that you can fondle?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/14/14
Kind of the same way here. I fondled a new FN model 70 a year ago, just to compare it to my older "less refined" rifle and it was a disappointment to say the least... They told me it was marked down because not too many people use the 375 anymore...I don't see too many at the small gunshops around here either..
Posted By: safariman Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/14/14
The few guy's who I know that shoot a 375 bought them on line because they knew what they wanted. Typically a CRF model 70 or a Kimber Caprivi among my clan. It is true that they are not fast sellers at gun shows etc. Fast .277's, 284's and 30 cal's make up probably 85% of the market share for rifles.
Posted By: 700xcr Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
Davidsons Gun Genie has 2 375 Ruger Guide Guns. My coworker and I love ours. He has shot a cow elk at 260yds. and I have shot a deer at 150yds.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
CDNN has Stainless Laminated African .375s for $649.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/media/wysiwyg/catalog/index.html?page=56
Posted By: noKnees Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
Originally Posted by tmitch
CDNN has Stainless Laminated African .375s for $649.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/media/wysiwyg/catalog/index.html?page=56

Wish I had known about those when I bought my african
Posted By: safariman Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
That would be a heck of a nice all around rifle for anything, anywhere, anytime. And at that price, a steal.
Posted By: Steve_in_OR Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
They (CDNN) also have some smokin" deals on lefthanded Rugers.
Steve
Posted By: Slavek Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
Originally Posted by Rolly
I just went down to our local gun emporium and asked if they had any 375's I could look at. I was hoping I could find one of the Ruger laminated stocked 375 Rugers.

The guy behind the counter said "Nope, we don't carry any 375's. They don't sell. They're specialty guns and not many people want 'em."

I left the store pretty "down in the dumps". I live in the mountain west where people can actually use a 375 pretty easily for elk, bear or moose. Do your stores carry any 375's that you can fondle?

I would not want something that bashes my face at twice the force of the .30-06. crazy Flip to next page and look at blued Model 70 in synthetic stock. The price is $550 and caliber is .325WSM. Far better choice for all American hunting rig.
Posted By: toad Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
the .375 is a fine choice, and not the 'bruiser' some think it is. there are not that many in stores because people are afraid of them, but used ones on the rack are sometimes cheap because people are afraid of them.

my favorite .375 cost me $465 at the LGS, and was like new.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Bummed Out ! - 12/15/14
Gee...we always sold them very well indeed a couple hundred miles to your east..
© 24hourcampfire