Home
Local store has nice supply at $27 per 50. While I like 260gr NP's and Acc., this is a good price.
Just checking to see what peoples' thoughts are on this bullet.
Great bullet for an H&H, not quite as good when pushed to higher velocities. memtb
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Local store has nice supply at $27 per 50. While I like 260gr NP's and Acc., this is a good price.
Just checking to see what peoples' thoughts are on this bullet.

All the reports I've heard have been very good. I too use 260gr. partitions, but bought a couple boxes of the Hornady 270's for cheaper practice bullets. I have high hopes for them as my 375 doesn't seem to be picky. Good luck with yours BW..
Ok, thanks fellas.
I used them in a 375 weatherby I had yrs ago kills elk I do know that.
Used them in a 375 Wby and several 375 H&H guns. They performed well on thin-skinned animals up to and including elk.

The several I recovered retained their weight moderately well...50-75%.
Again, thanks for your input.
My coworker and I used them in both in factory ammunition our 375 Ruger Guide guns. He shot a cow elk at 265yds. on a damage control hunt last year and got 80% weight retention on the bullet recovered. I shot a mule deer doe at 150yds on a damage control hunt and it was a complete pass through. Just needed to trim a little around exit hole. Chronographed at 2777fps. out of our rifles.
I push them at 2510.
I have the older 3710 stocked up. It's got a much larger exposed tip.
The 3711 is similar to a PP. Hornady said they changed it because of deformed tips being common in the 3710.
They produce excellent results in big whittails. I would assume large hogs, elk, bear, any NA game would find them deadly.
Accuracy is great. I'm guessing it's due to contrinicity.
Thanks again. Now with a cancellation moose hunt booked, I will be shooting it a bit more to be consistently accurate.
© 24hourcampfire