Home
Been stocking up on supplies for my impending arrival and was surprised to see the lack of .375 bullets at Sportsmans Warehouse this morning. Went online and saw Midway has several sales going on for .375 bullets including this killer deal...

(They also had the 300 gr equivalent on sale)

My buddy and I just ordered 500 each. Figured I'd give a heads up here for anyone who wants cheap practice/plinking/hunting bullets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/59...rain-round-nose-box-of-100-bulk-packaged
Those are Hornady seconds. Excellent price.
Thanks for the link. Looks like I have plenty of practice bullets now. I think those bullets would be great for game too.
They work very well on Jackrabbits.
Thanks for the heads up.
I was thinking about ordering a bullet mold but now I may not.
looks like they have a few.....placed 200 in my order box and they were all in stock grin
Thanks, Mojo.

Too good a deal to pass up.

Elk,

Thought you shot dem wabbits with yo .460 Wby... laugh

You not going "light" on us, are you... shocked

DF
Yup,going to be a "stunt shooter" on these Jackrabbits.

Taking the .375 H&H and RUM to South Africa later this year. Have a schitload of Hornady's to practice with.

Going to load up Swift A-Frames for when I go hunting in Africa though.
That is a good deal.

I happened upon a similar deal with 260 Partitions several years ago and bought 500 or so...since I don't hunt much with that rifle anymore, I've still got 400 or so.
Yeah, I got 400 of those 20 cent 270's.

I can load'em light and plink if I want to. I think cast bullets are more than that; I sure don't want to go back to casting. Gave my casting stuff to a good friend 30 yrs. ago.

DF
500 of those beautiful .375, 270gr RN arrived via the Brown Truck Of Happiness about an hour ago.

The have to be Hornadys as they exactly match the one box of them I bought locally.

If there is a blem on any of them I can't see it. They came in 500 round reusable Midway boxes.

In case you couldn't tell, I am a happy camper right now. laugh

Ed
I bought 500 also....looked at the item today on Midway's site and to my surprise they are now prices $18.19 per hundred verse the $19.59 that I p
aid.... mad

Good deal is now even better

Mojo, Midway should pay you an advertising fee. 1100 are now headed my way.

I got another $20 off with their 4th of July sale which pretty much equated to free shipping given the weight.

Thank you for the heads up.
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Been stocking up on supplies for my impending arrival and was surprised to see the lack of .375 bullets at Sportsmans Warehouse this morning. Went online and saw Midway has several sales going on for .375 bullets including this killer deal...

(They also had the 300 gr equivalent on sale)

My buddy and I just ordered 500 each. Figured I'd give a heads up here for anyone who wants cheap practice/plinking/hunting bullets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/59...rain-round-nose-box-of-100-bulk-packaged

Were I to have bought that 375 Flanged double rifle I was offered a few months back, these bullets would have absolutely been perfect for a 2550 fps regulate to the sights hunting load for ALL N.A. and African plains game animals, a thousand of them would do. smile
Thank you for the heads-up! Just ordered 400 ... works out to about 5 1/2 cents per bullet. Privi brass (when it is in stock at Graffs) is about 93 cents per round. Using the below reloading calculator, when you factor in bullet, powder and primer the cost can be low as approximately $1.30 per round.

http://ultimatereloader.com/tools/reloading-costs-calculator/
Seeing all the responses here and in the classifieds made me nervous!

Ordered another 600 today with their July 4th discount. Too good of a deal to pass on not knowing when they'll come up again.

I can hardly buy .224 bulkets for this price!
Ordered 300 yesterday. Thanks for the heads-up!
I don't shoot my .357 that much but ordered 300 just to have on hand.
Price keeps going down, but I couldn't wait any more. So I ordered 500, thanks to all for the heads up
I shot a few today. Then I ordered 500 more.
Just received my order for 400. Certainly don't look like blems to me.
Originally Posted by Bugger
I shot a few today. Then I ordered 500 more.

Sounds like you are satisfied with them. Care to share your reloading recipe?
I ordered some as well and had a great range session. Here are some good loads to try:
76gr H-414 (or W 748) F-215primer (about 2560 fps, 24" barrel Mod 70)
OR 74gr RL-15 and F-210 primers (a cleaner load)

J
I think I have this backwards .... I picked up 300, now I'm looking for a .375 to sling them.
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
I think I have this backwards .... I picked up 300, now I'm looking for a .375 to sling them.

I like the way you think

Not backwards at all.

DF
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I ordered some as well and had a great range session. Here are some good loads to try:

J

Thank You. I actually have about 4 pounds of RL-15 sitting around. I was going to try Varget, but I will definitely give your load a try first. (CZ 550-w-24" barrel). I've never used 270 grain bullets ... probably slightly less recoil than the 300 grains I have been using. Should be fun.
Ordered 300 for the Browning.
My shelf is about sagging under the weight of the stack I bought haha
Originally Posted by jorgeI

J

I think you meant 76 gr H414 (or W760). W748 is the equivalent of H335.....unless you don't like the guy smile.
Thanks for the heads up!
I ordered 500. That should be fun for shooting deer in the woods. We have some pretty thick cover in the woods.
Brown truck came today.
Found out that the driver has three cousins living close that are actively looking for someone to shoot bears in the corn fields.
Is this a great country or what?
whelennut
Ah yes it is for the time being. Box of 500 came today.
Will these bullets expand on deer or black bear?
I would say the expansion and meat damage on deer would be minimal. Black bear slightly more I don't believe you would find one to examine.
Hopefully I will find out in a matter of weeks.
I am thinking they are going to act like a Horn. 220 RN out of a 30-06.
i poorly placed one into the spine of a management whitetail doe in january. I lost the complete backstrap from the trauma of the 8" section of spine leaving the body pushed by the bullet. if it werent for the ribs and skin holding things together it would have been pretty well split into.

try not to do that.
I just got a couple hundred yesterday and Ive been curious about the "blemished" title. Ive looked at a mess of Noslers, Sierras and others and have never seen a thing. On these however I guess because the light was just right i could see a finely burnished ring on some of the ogives. Id guess it was just a build up of some kind of swarf in the dies and it just burnished the surface. If they find more than a few in a run they probably drop their entire run because it costs too much to polish or individually sort. So most of the "blemished' are probably not blemished. Good news.
Well, this did it. I bought a couple of boxes of the Hornady 270 grn blemished spire points. Couldn't pass up that deal.

I've been waiting for a long time for an excuse to buy a .375 H&H. Went to a local gun shop and traded in a couple of guns I never shoot anymore for a CZ550 safari.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one that's ever done something like this - ??
The worst thing that could happen would be that the bullet may "overpenetrate".
I got the last two boxes of the 270gr RN they had in stock delivered on Friday. I can't turn down cheap bullets for my .375 H&H. I still have about 500 Fail Safe in both 275 and 300 grain weights I picked up when they were discontinued.

I figure over penetration is a given.
Fired my first 20 this afternoon and was quite pleased with the results. As others have said, I can't see why they are seconds.
I had a job inspecting chrome plating many years ago. After awhile they all look the same.
© 24hourcampfire