Home
Getting ready to order a barrel from Krieger for my K98 project.
It's time to choose what thumper caliber I want. I think the newer short, fat beltless Mags are interesting, but I am a traditionalist. If I were looking for a 358 in that package I would just go 35 Newton.
My action is set up with a 3.370 box and ramp. I have not done the rails yet. For me is is coming down to 358 Norma or 416 Taylor.

Comment or suggestions?

I saw some pics of a 416 Taylor matte finished by
http://www.mahovskysmetalife.com/index.htm
and I am hooked.

Have you had the bolt-face opened up yet? If not, may I suggest the 9.3x64 Brenneke. It is old school (it pre-dates the 375 H&H) and has some serious thump. Would keep the German theme going too.
Originally Posted by pinotguy
Have you had the bolt-face opened up yet? If not, may I suggest the 9.3x64 Brenneke. It is old school (it pre-dates the 375 H&H) and has some serious thump. Would keep the German theme going too.

Thanks Pinotguy. In fact I ordered a 35 caliber barrel from Krieger yesterday. Maybe the next one will be 9.3mm and I'll just work my up to true Big Bore. Momma is looking at the credit cards hard and I'm wondering if there will be a next one.
I'm also giving my M38 Swede a makeover and it's coming out nicely.
Well if it were me I'd make a .358 Norma. Buts that's because I've always wanted one!
9.3x62 would be a lot less monkeying around with the action.
Fwiw
© 24hourcampfire