Home
Posted By: Bwanatrent Double Gun Help Please - 11/29/16
I recently acquired a Charles Lancaster double built in 1918 and have a reassembly question. I separated the barrels and receiver and can't get them back together. What is the secret move to rejoin the two ? What if the triggers have been pulled while apart, does this make any difference? Thanks for any tips !
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Double Gun Help Please - 11/30/16
I recommend you go over to Accurate Reloading.com in their double rifles section. There is no secret move to rejoin. Now if you've released the triggers whilst the gun was apart, the springs are obviously out of battery as the recock when the action is opened. J
Posted By: easttex Re: Double Gun Help Please - 11/30/16
Depending on when the triggers were pulled, the ejectors may need to be cocked prior to reassembly. Obviously this only applies to an ejector gun. It does not require a gunsmith, but it does require someone that knows what they are doing.
Posted By: crshelton Re: Double Gun Help Please - 11/30/16
What Jorge said +1.

Also many knowledgeable double gun folk on Doublegun BBS forum : http://www.doublegunshop.com/ and on NitroExpress forum: http://forums.nitroexpress.com/ubbthreads.php
Great catch on the Charles Lancaster! What caliber?
Posted By: rockdoc Re: Double Gun Help Please - 12/02/16
Shouldn't be too hard.

Doubles are often fired with snap caps, the forend removed so does not cock then the barrels removed.

Ensure top lever is pulled all the way across and fit barrels. Can be a little fiddly at times. You may need to push the extractor back a little to bring it out from the face of the barrels.

Photos please!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Double Gun Help Please - 12/03/16
Originally Posted by Bwanatrent
I recently acquired a Charles Lancaster double built in 1918 and have a reassembly question. I separated the barrels and receiver and can't get them back together. What is the secret move to rejoin the two ? What if the triggers have been pulled while apart, does this make any difference? Thanks for any tips !

Box everything up and take or ship it to JJ Perodeau in Oklahoma, he's a master at inspecting, cleaning and even building old and new doubles.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Double Gun Help Please - 12/05/16
or send it to me and I'll keep it.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Double Gun Help Please - 01/28/17
Did you ever get your double back together. If so, what was the problem or trick ?
Posted By: fourbore Re: Double Gun Help Please - 01/28/17
He only posted 5 times back in November. I dont expect an answer.
© 24hourcampfire