Home
Posted By: wabigoon Cookbooks? - 11/15/23
What do you use?
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Cookbooks? - 11/15/23
I type out recipes that I have found I like and add my own notes to it, or one's I have created from scratch. Then I put the pages in a laminate sleeve, punch holes in it, and then send it through the laminator. Then into the three ring binder it goes.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Cookbooks? - 11/15/23
We mostly use the Betty Crocker my wife received as shower gift.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Cookbooks? - 11/15/23
I use several Tony Chacheres cookbook is a good one for Cajun and general cooking. Has alot of funny entertaining stories in it too.
Posted By: BlueLk Re: Cookbooks? - 11/15/23
Google is your best option
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: Cookbooks? - 11/16/23
The best thing my mother ever did was make a cookbook of hers and some family/friends recipes. She had 50 made up and handed them out to all the family members and close friends.
It's my go to when I'm feeling nostalgic. Otherwise, its mostly online searching
Posted By: Cecil56 Re: Cookbooks? - 11/16/23
My favorite is a 1970 cookbook from our church. Ladies from our small town gave out their recipes.
Lot's of old time food in there. My Grandma and Mom both had recipes in that book.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Cookbooks? - 11/16/23
The Ll Bean game and fish cook book has some really good ideas and recipes for game and fish. It tends toward gourmet instead of bland cooking.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Cookbooks? - 11/17/23
Originally Posted by Cecil56
My favorite is a 1970 cookbook from our church. Ladies from our small town gave out their recipes.
Lot's of old time food in there. My Grandma and Mom both had recipes in that book.

I love thumbing thru some of those. Some of the commentary is priceless.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Cookbooks? - 11/17/23
YouTube
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Cookbooks? - 11/17/23
Elephant Stew? laugh
© 24hourcampfire