Home
Posted By: RNF Dave's Apple Pie Moonshine - 12/25/11
Made some this Christmas and it turned out pretty good, thought I'd post the recipe.

I have two batch sizes here, so I don�t have to think about halving or doubling, especially if I�m sampling the last batch. This is really good with lots of ice.
1/2 gallon of apple juice
1/2 gallon of apple cider
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1/2 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

To get started, you need a large boiling pot. Add into this pot the apple juice, apple cider, the white and brown sugar, and the whole fresh cinnamon sticks. Bring these contents to a boil, then remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down to room temperature. Once at room temperature, gradually stir in the 190 proof grain alcohol. What you don�t consume in one sitting, you can bottle for later use. Store it in sterile Mason jars, place one cinnamon stick in each jar, and then store them in a cool dark dry place. After a couple of weeks your Apple Pie Moonshine will taste even better. This batch will make about 4 1/2 quarts.

1 gallon of apple juice
1 gallon of apple cider
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

This batch will make about 9 quarts.
Posted By: wldthg Re: Dave's Apple Pie Moonshine - 12/26/11
When a Group of Vietnam Guntruckers get together for a reunion ,some of my southern brothers always bring desert. Slices of Apples in a mason Jar. A scoop of n'alla ice cream would make it a la mode---- Web [Linked Image]
Posted By: RNF Re: Dave's Apple Pie Moonshine - 12/26/11
wldthg,

Looks like a good time.
Posted By: wldthg Re: Dave's Apple Pie Moonshine - 12/26/11
RNF -- That photo was taken at Kokomo In. Thousands of Vet there every September. Ya got to add slices of apples to that liquid. After setting for a few weeks , crunching on an apple slice will keep the Doctor away. It's very good. Web
been mixing apple pie moonshine for 20yrs or so. i also do a mango juice mix.

this one is very smooth and hard to mix

quart jar with 8 ounces of moonshine
fill with mango juice,juicy juice brand from foodlion

drinkup
one of my neighbors is from West Va. When he comes back from his annual reunion up there, he has a box with 4 one gallon jugs of some damn decent 'shine.
He always makes several jars of fruit filled and flavored concoctions. Apple, cherry, grape........... all very good indeed.
Posted By: RNF Re: Dave's Apple Pie Moonshine - 12/27/11
The apple slice sounds like a good ideal and I will add one to each pint on my next batch.
Posted By: sse Re: Dave's Apple Pie Moonshine - 12/28/11
Looks good to me. You could try putting in some cinnamon candies to turn it red, so the wimmin coud be tricked into drinking it...LOL
© 24hourcampfire