Home
Posted By: point Salami Recipe - 11/11/12
Years back there was a recipe for Salami made with hamburger (venison burger). You mixed in the spices left it over night, rolled into logs and baked it low and slow. Does anyone have the recipe or know how to search to maybe find it. It was really good but I've lost my copy of the recipe. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: AggieDog Re: Salami Recipe - 11/11/12
Do you mean salami or summer sausage? I have one for summer sausage.
Posted By: point Re: Salami Recipe - 11/11/12
Now that i think about it I think it was summer sausage and it was good! Thank You
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Salami Recipe - 11/12/12
I'd be interested in that recipe as well! Got a batch of venison burger in the freezer just waiting.
Pat
Posted By: Tim M Re: Salami Recipe - 11/12/12
Hi Mountain seasonings makes something like your talking about but it was called trail bologna. really really good stuff
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Salami Recipe - 11/25/12
I would look up (google) Leggs seasonings. Get their summer sausage seasoning. Add some chopped jalape�os, small bits of sharp cheddar cheese, a 16 oz solo up of powdered milk and 2 oz of "special meat binder" ( sausage binder ordere online) per a 25 lb batch. I go 14 lbs venison and 11 lbs ground pork butt to get the 25 lbs of meat. Stuff in casings and cook n oven at 190' till insides are 155'. If u want a more tangy flavored summer sausage add some citric acid after grinding. After 5 years of experimenting, this is what I've settled on as my personal favorite.
Posted By: larwhy55 Re: Salami Recipe - 11/30/12
Here is a Salami recipe I have used, it turned out great.
Per lb of ground venison:
2 tsp of Morton Tender Quick
1 Tbls mustard seeds
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper corns
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
Combine everything and roll it into a log approx 2" in diameter. Roll it into aluminum foil, poke a few holes in the bottom of the foil. Put it into the fridge at least overnight, preferably 24-48 hrs. Put the foil package on the oven rack with a cookie sheet below it to catch juices. Bake at 200 degrees for 3 1/2 hrs, remove and refrigerate. Let it cool before cutting and eating.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: Salami Recipe - 12/01/12
The most important thing when makin summer sausage is to not over cook it. Shoot for a target temp between 155-160.
Posted By: AggieDog Re: Salami Recipe - 12/01/12
Originally Posted by larwhy55
Here is a Salami recipe I have used, it turned out great.
Per lb of ground venison:
2 tsp of Morton Tender Quick
1 Tbls mustard seeds
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper corns
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
Combine everything and roll it into a log approx 2" in diameter. Roll it into aluminum foil, poke a few holes in the bottom of the foil. Put it into the fridge at least overnight, preferably 24-48 hrs. Put the foil package on the oven rack with a cookie sheet below it to catch juices. Bake at 200 degrees for 3 1/2 hrs, remove and refrigerate. Let it cool before cutting and eating.

This recipe is pretty much the same one we use at our house and it really is good stuff. .....need to get my wife making some for the Christmas dinner.
Posted By: point Re: Salami Recipe - 12/02/12
Thank You all for your responses.
Posted By: krummarine Re: Salami Recipe - 12/04/12
tag
© 24hourcampfire