Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/05/13
Well Im off on my quest for the tastiest meat.
Egg is fired up temp steady at 350 degrees and Beer can chicken seemed easy enough for 1st cook
Before picture as I just put it on(hopefully the after isn't a black charred mess)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mathman Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/05/13
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Well Im off on my quest for the tastiest meat.

Thank goodness you didn't cross post this in the campfire. grin
Really! wink
Seems to be coming good
I know what David ment about learning my egg...temp started to go up so had to adjust the vents but all is well now internal of thigh joint is at 135 degees
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/05/13
Very nice Dan! Now get busy turning that thing black. (The inside of the egg, not the chicken). grin

Mike
I'm gonna throw some broccoli and califower seasoned, a light mist of EVO and sprinkled with bread crumbs in a bit
Can't beleive I waited so long to get an Egg,this was the tastiest most moist chicken just WOW! I didn't inject it and so juicy you would think I did

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: byc Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/06/13
Outstanding! Tell you what....if you only use that cooker for shikken it's worth it. In fact, that's how the mothership in Atlanta sells so many cookers on weekends. They cook wings all day and the samples close the deal.

Congrats on a first cook success Dan!! You da' man!!
Posted By: eh76 Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/06/13
Looks good Dan!
Thanks guys your help has been great
I should have put one of these on the wedding registry!!!!
Posted By: amax155 Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/06/13
Once you go ceramic you will never go back
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/06/13
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Very nice Dan! Now get busy turning that thing black. (The inside of the egg, not the chicken). grin

Mike

yep, that inside looks way too clean....soon it will assume the correct color....black.....you are
gonna love the BGE.....
Once you get the temp control down its hard to screw up on the egg!
Posted By: eh76 Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/14/13
Dan package on the way.
Posted By: Whip Re: icken Maiden Voyage of BGE - 03/17/13
Throw that yardbird in a brine for a few hours before you cook and you'll really have some moist scarfin'.
© 24hourcampfire