Home
Posted By: Boggy Creek Ranger Booger Red - 04/18/14
Was tired when I came in last night, nothing cooked and didn't feel like cleaning up and going for a burger or something and sure didn't want to do a full meal deal so I thunk this concoction up out of what I had scattered around the kitchen.

Didn't know what to call it so just label it:

Booger Red

1 can sliced white potatoes drained
3 strips bacon
1 medium yellow onion coarse chop
1 Bell pepper coarse chop
Salt, fresh ground black pepper, parsley flakes,smoked paprika.

Fry out your bacon until crisp, reserve. In the grease left in your skillet fry your onion and potato until onion is translucent and potato is browning around the edges and starting to get crisp.
Add bell pepper and fry a bit more until pepper is crisp/tender.
Crumble bacon back into this mix, add a double pinch of parsley cook a few more seconds and plate. Give it a good topping of smoked paprika. Makes it look read headed! There you got a plate of BOOGER RED.

Pretty good groceries too.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Booger Red - 04/18/14
Sounds good to me! I need to remember to use the paprika a bit more in cooking too.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Booger Red - 04/18/14
Sounds good. A neighbor has a business catering fish fries. Paprika is the main one of his "secret" ingredients. miles
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Booger Red - 04/18/14
Substitute tumeric for the paprika and call it "Urine for a treat". cool
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Booger Red - 04/18/14
Booger Red sounds good to me. grin
Posted By: rem141r Re: Booger Red - 04/18/14
big fan of the hunky paprika. i use a lot of it in my haluski. it gets rave reviews
Posted By: eh76 Re: Booger Red - 04/19/14
Originally Posted by rem141r
big fan of the hunky paprika. i use a lot of it in my haluski. it gets rave reviews

didn't happen without a recipe posted wink
© 24hourcampfire