Home
One of the offspring ordered it at a place we tried out last night. Naturally, he nibbled a sliver, & pronounced it inedible. I had a fork full, and time stood still�. I must have it. Hell, even my vegetarian wife wants to try it!

Is it as easy as mashing up some ground beef, pork, & veal, & tossing it on the WSM at 225 for a few hours?

Thanks,

FC
only time I have had smoked meatloaf, was at my Sister's house. Her husband made a regular meatloaf, and cooked it about half way in the oven.
Then he put it on his BGE, and smoked/cooked it over low heat while we drank a lot of beer.
It was pretty good. I think he used apple wood and pecan
I'd smoke your meatloaf at the beginning of your cook and throughout your cook as you would any cut of meat.

A recent recipe here at the 24HCF foodie forum.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9023867/Smoked_Meat_Loaf#Post9023867
meatloaf is not a cut of meat Denny, it's a melange of ground up stuff. Y'all can do as you wish, but starting the process in the oven gets it up to temp quicker, and also keeps it from absorbing too much of the smoke flavor.
Thin blue line, Sam. Thin blue line. With a pit temp of 300/325 your oven comment is moot

Smoke is easily regulated. YMMV
Take any meat loaf recipe you like and throw that baby on the smoker. Put it in cold (the loaf), and add your wood chips or whatever to a regular oven temp grill or smoker.

I would think something along the lines of a bbq'ed bacon cheeseburger meat loaf would be great.
Just make a meat loaf and cook it in the smoker as opposed to the oven. They are great. Put a pan of baked beans in to go with it. I have also soaked a half dozen ears of sweetcorn and put them in with the meatloaf and beans. Whole meal cooked at the same time. Dump the water pan and empty the chip pan and cleanup is done.
Bill
© 24hourcampfire