Home
Posted By: RockyRaab Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
Now is the apex of peach season here in northern Utah, and I tried a new dessert idea. Turned out to be a real keeper.

Halve and de-pit a large ripe peach (or nectarine.)

Lightly score the fruit with a knife but be careful not to cut the skin.

Place a dab of butter and some honey where the pit was, and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.

Place skin side down on a medium grill for 15 minutes, lid closed. (After I cooked and removed my main course, I left one end burner on low and set the peaches on the rack at the other end of the grill. Temp read 400� at the start and 250� by the time we'd finished eating.)

Serve each half in a small bowl along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Unbelievably good. No pictures because this was a test and then because we wolfed it down!
Posted By: eh76 Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
I always wanted to try that but getting decent peaches here is a challenge.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
You know what they say, no pictures it didn't happen. grin

Sounds good will have to try it. smile
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
The ice cream is ok, but try it this way.

Grill the peaches or just sprinkle with sugar then use a torch to caramelize. Serve with Burratina Fresh Mozzarella or regular fresh mozzarella (the Burratina is a lot more creamy and soft) then drizzle with some honey. Crumble candied walnuts on top....

I use the honey from my buddy's Blue Ribbon State Fair winning hives!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
Rocky, are these firm peaches, or are they pretty ripe?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
You guys sure know how to waste a good peach.

smile

Now put it in a pie, or slice up and serve over quality ice cream and I'm there.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
You just have to learn to think outside the crust grin
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
Rocky, that peach recipe sounds great to me. I'm going to try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/26/14
I'd call them "eat in the hand" ripe. If they were a little firmer, I think it would be fine, but maybe allow a few more minutes on the grill. Ours were heated through, but not tongue-burning.

Yes, I'll take pictures next time...
Posted By: deflave Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/27/14
I made these last night for wife and son.

It was a big hit.

Travis
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/28/14
PEACHures!

Here's a peach, scored and dabbed with butter and honey, then sprinkled with nutmeg and cinnamon:

[Linked Image]

And here is a serving, with ice cream, after 10 minutes at 300� or so on the grill:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Grilled Peaches - 08/28/14
We just had them Sunday. Same as above, score, butter, honey and Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head seasoning. Delicious!

Mike
© 24hourcampfire