Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Surf and Turf - 09/19/14
My son brought over lobsters that he caught down in the Keys, and a very nice Venison loin from opening day of bow season.
I cut the venison in medallions, and wrapped them in thick cut country bacon. Used the Rick Menefee group buy knife to cut the meat. Cooked the venison medallions outdoors, on an oak fire in my fire pit cooking center.
The lobsters I fluffed, and broiled with butter, paprika and lemon. Served steamed broccoli, and made whipped sweet potatoes with garlic. The veggies were from the lad's garden. Shared a bottle of Trader Joe Shiraz with the meal, along with a green salad.
My wife said it was the best meal she has eaten in months.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Damn, Sam! Those bad boys look.. AND sound mighty tasty!
Posted By: rong Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Man! that looks awesome
Posted By: eh76 Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Sam life don't suck in your hacienda! Fresh lobster cry
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
the lad had a record catch this year during mini season. He was scuba diving off Bahia Honda. I have been eating a lot of the damn things recently. smile

I have not lost my prep skills, even after all the years since I sold my last restaurant. I can prep a lobster as good as any chef. smile
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Looks good. Mighty fine eating there.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the lad had a record catch this year during mini season. He was scuba diving off Bahia Honda. I have been eating a lot of the damn things recently. smile

I have not lost my prep skills, even after all the years since I sold my last restaurant. I can prep a lobster as good as any chef. smile

Want to be camp cook? smile
Posted By: sse Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
amazing spread...
Posted By: chris_c Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Very nice. smile
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Now thats a fine meal!!!
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Surf and Turf - 09/20/14
Yowsa!! That looks outstanding and I'll bet it tasted the same.

Mike
© 24hourcampfire