Home
Posted By: flagstaff Daughter made homemade pesto - 09/22/14
We grow a garden every summer. The last two summers, she planted a lot of basil. Both years she made homemade pesto with pinion nuts, parmasean cheese, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, and a little lemon juice.

Holy crap is that stuff good. This year, she must have made 30 small jars of the stuff. We freeze it, and eat it all winter. Really good on homemade pizza. And homemade bread. And pasta. And salmon. And.................
A good pesto is hard to beat. We love it on homemade pizza.

Mike
And basil gremalota. Mmmmmm.
Originally Posted by flagstaff
And on a spoon...

Fixed it for ya. wink

FC
Originally Posted by flagstaff
We grow a garden every summer. The last two summers, she planted a lot of basil. Both years she made homemade pesto with pinion nuts, parmasean cheese, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, and a little lemon juice.

Holy crap is that stuff good. This year, she must have made 30 small jars of the stuff. We freeze it, and eat it all winter. Really good on homemade pizza. And homemade bread. And pasta. And salmon. And.................
I'm a fan, too. Have been making it regularly for twenty years or more. I make it several times a years. I've learned that it tastes best when you use lots of ground, toasted, pine nuts. It stays fresh in the freezer for a very long time, too.
I'm a huge pesto fan. Flagstaff, you are lucky to have a source of delicious, fresh pesto. smile
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I'm a huge pesto fan. Flagstaff, you are lucky to have a source of delicious, fresh pesto. smile

Thanks.

Better yet still is having a daughter who makes the pesto. laugh

I really got lucky with the daughters I have.
© 24hourcampfire