Home
I tried it tonight. It adds spice, lots of spice, but a flavorful spice and one tgat doesn't linger a long time. And the Ginger adds a delicate offset to some of the more traditional flavors in Chili.
Dude you are going to get banned! laugh
Keith, it was a pleasant surpise of flavors. I'm thinking it will make a wonderful brine base for Geese
Fir goose ok but talk like that about chili around here will get you shunned eek
First beans, and now this, woe is us.
Hahaha
If you like it enjoy it, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained".
From the movie Shenandoah.....

Yankeeeeee...YANKEEEEEE!!!!!
Originally Posted by eh76
Dude you are going to get banned! laugh
he is from Pennsylvania for goodness sake. They don't know chit about chile there. Ginger? My GOD!
Then there is that Cincinnati "chili" stuff.
Years ago I was making a big pot of chili, and when I reached for the cumin, I grabbed cinnamon instead. Foul.

Not sure ginger sounds any better. Then again, people in PA are known to put liver pudding on pancakes.......

Originally Posted by MadMooner
Years ago I was making a big pot of chili, and when I reached for the cumin, I grabbed cinnamon instead. Foul.

Not sure ginger sounds any better. Then again, people in PA are known to put liver pudding on pancakes.......

Had you spent any time in Cincy prior to this incident? grin
No.

I'm from Georgia. I blame the schools.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Never heard of liver pudding
I hadn't either, until I was asked if I wanted pudding and pancakes for breakfast.

As an 8 year old, my first thought was "Fugg Yeah, you gotta even ask!!!!"

After I was given buckwheat pancakes and liver pudding, I decided grandma was an evil bitch out to get me. I did forgive her after she introduced me to apple butter, though I'm not sure I ever trusted her fully again.

Meadows brand liver pudding. I'd guess its a western PA thing.
It's scrapple!! Jist googled it. Who da fugg kikes scrapple anyway, yeck

Negative.

Meadows also makes scrapple, but liver pudding is a different, though similar, product. Just 10x more nasty. And they really shouldn't call it pudding. That's just not right.

I actually like fried scrapple.
Both of em sound nasty as spam to me
Originally Posted by mathman
Then there is that Cincinnati "chili" stuff.

Yeah... that Cincinnati Chili is "something else"... I hate it. In truth, it's not even "good" tasting... and certainly NOT "real Chili" !~!~!

Not all of us "Yankees" are crazy like those who think "Cincinnati chili" is "Chili" !~!~!

YUCK !!!
drinking and cooking don't mix....
ps scrapple is yum yum in my book
Originally Posted by atvalaska
ps scrapple is yum yum in my book

Yea but you guys look forward to sleeping with fat eskimos too
hummm ....she only weights 124 smile
Originally Posted by atvalaska
hummm ....she only weights 124 smile

Three feet tall eh?
and a flat head ...gotta luv it !
© 24hourcampfire