Home
Venison roast slow cooked for 4 hours, green beans cooked southern style, butter/ginger carrots and purple rice (which is very good w/ venison BTW...has a nutty flavor).

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Also had some tea infused with some orange, honey, ginger and blackberries.

Posted By: eh76 Re: Wt's for dinner (last night) - 12/11/14
Looks good. Never heard of purple rice though.

I made chicken enchiladas.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Wt's for dinner (last night) - 12/11/14
We had chicken fry back strap in the fish cooker .
Posted By: EdM Re: Wt's for dinner (last night) - 12/11/14
I had chilaquiles.
tacos .. what is purple rice? and how did that slow roasted lean hunk of deer end up so tasty looking...
This is the rice I used ... (There are a lot of great rice out there waiting to be discovered.)
http://www.vitacost.com/lotus-foods-heirloom-forbidden-black-rice-15-oz-2

and all I did to the 2 roasts were two onions sliced thick for the roast to sit on, unwrapped the frozen roast. washed, salt, pepper, garlic powder, steak seasoning, a little dales and more cabernet (dry not fruity). Cooked in the oven on 275� for 4 hours. In a shallow roasting pan covered w/ foil.
I've never had purple rice, but then I don't like rice much to start with.
Last night, I had fresh caught Nile Perch (Tilapia), smashed taters, cornbread, salad and ice cold buttermilk.
Bone in chicken and veggies in the crock pot
Posted By: eh76 Re: Wt's for dinner (last night) - 12/12/14
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
This is the rice I used ... (There are a lot of great rice out there waiting to be discovered.)
http://www.vitacost.com/lotus-foods-heirloom-forbidden-black-rice-15-oz-2

and all I did to the 2 roasts were two onions sliced thick for the roast to sit on, unwrapped the frozen roast. washed, salt, pepper, garlic powder, steak seasoning, a little dales and more cabernet (dry not fruity). Cooked in the oven on 275� for 4 hours. In a shallow roasting pan covered w/ foil.

Thanks I ordered some to try. I like rice and that sounds good.
We had quickly seared (rare side of MR) doe backstrap (Loin), steamed asparagus, scalloped potatoes, mushrooms saut�ed in butter & a bottle of Zinfandel.

I remember feeling very content !
Homemade gumbo and a Bud-Heavy tall boy.
Turnip greens with bacon over rice and black eyed peas.

Put a bit of sambal chili/garlic paste in the greens.

Delicious!
Stuffed a couple chicken breasts with a sundried tomato pesto and feta. Made a spinach salad with bacon, egg, carrot, onion and a hot bacon vinaigrette.

Turned out a bit better than fair grin
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Turnip greens with bacon over rice and black eyed peas.

Put a bit of sambal chili/garlic paste in the greens.

Delicious!

That sounds great.
Had leftovers here. Prime rib on toasted dinner rolls with parmesan, red taters in sour cream and bacon, and a salad.
Yep, I like your style MM...

Grilled chops, sliced potato and onions baked along with some spinach/asparagus casserole....
Papa Murphy's 5 meat stuffed crust.

Meh....

[Linked Image]
Purple Venaskin aged 2 weeks
Muley back strap and a spinach salad.

The deer was a dink and hung for about 10 days. Stupid tender.

[Linked Image]

Lil pan gravy went on top.

© 24hourcampfire