Home
So I've rediscovered egg nog this year. Looking to make my own and scouring recipes. Any favorites amongst you guys?
Posted By: RWE Re: Anyone make their own 'nog? - 12/12/14
years ago, I experimented making eggnog and ultimately mixing it with Kahlua (really really good) and Malibu Rum (also really good)

Ultimately, I started drinking the Kahlua and Rum together over ice, and forgot how to make nog.

All I can say is take notes.
Posted By: RWE Re: Anyone make their own 'nog? - 12/12/14
Just noticed, firefighter, EMT and RN.

You are obviously no stranger than to mixing drinks.

carry on.
Yyyyyaaaaaa, I both know my way around a drink and what they will do to people (the good, bad, and ugly).

Never thought about kahlua in nog, but might have to give that a shot this eve!
Usually just buy the commercial stuff & add extra spice (read booze) to it.
Currently enjoying the commercial stuff with a little mayers dark rum, but I'm guessing I could make it myself without all the added "stuff" I'm seeing on the ingredient label.
I heard Old Smokey moonshine is selling a pre-made product I plan on trying this week.
Originally Posted by FFemtRN5287
Yyyyyaaaaaa, I both know my way around a drink and what they will do to people (the good, bad, and ugly).

Never thought about kahlua in nog, but might have to give that a shot this eve!

Another really good holiday time use for Kahlua is added to mexican hot chocolate. Talk about taking the winter chill off wink
Posted By: byc Re: Anyone make their own 'nog? - 12/13/14
add some cayenne pepper for an extra punch!! It's great.
Posted By: RWE Re: Anyone make their own 'nog? - 12/13/14
Get some Equal Exhange Spicy Hot Chocolate, add it to a White Russian and blend.

Wait for the tank to hit ya.
Posted By: sse Re: Anyone make their own 'nog? - 12/16/14
I've made it, but never liked it better than the thick stuff you can buy in a carton.
© 24hourcampfire