Home
If I can use bacon drippings to fry things with, could not brisket drippings be likewise employed? I'm imagining a whole 'nother world of wonderfulness here.

I'm just wondering if the beef tallow would support the same frying temps without burning - badly.

My only similar experience involved a Christmastime Yorkshire Pudding with drippings from a prime rib. When the collected grease hit the thermonuclear-hot cast iron skillet, it erupted into enormous flames. My sister (the pan-holder) ran (screaming hysterically) to the door and tossed the pan out into the snowy yard, where black smoke billowed skyward like Jet-A at a crash scene. Oh the memories...

So, yeah - do you think I could fry chicken in brisket drippings?

FC
I don't think it would work out.
I would say no. Beef fat renders much different than pork fat. Just look at how much fat renders off a pork butt vs. a brisket on a long cook. With an un trimmed pork butt most all of the fat will melt away and with a brisket very little will. I suspect that is why lard is not made from beef fat.

Mike

FC, I'm going to say no as frying is concerned but the drippings would be wonderful in a bowl of soup depending on the amount collected.

JMHO.
What 284 said. Fine for soup, but how the fat renders flavor vote goes to the piggee.
© 24hourcampfire