Home
We are having chili cheese dogs with homemade chili, oven baked garlic/parmesan potato wedges, and a creamy coleslaw. Just plain old ice cream on a cone for dessert smile
Axis deer steaks, marinated in Bourbon brown sugar, grilled with baked potato and fresh green salad.... grin
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
We are having chili cheese dogs with homemade chili, oven baked garlic/parmesan potato wedges, and a creamy coleslaw. Just plain old ice cream on a cone for dessert smile

Made a chili dawg bar/spread this past weekend.

Came across fresh pretzel buns at the bakery - a great compliment.

[Linked Image]

Funny. Every summer, I get a serious hankering for hot dogs, good chips, and chili.

Kinda like a summer ritual.
Grilled Antelope steak , yellow squash and fresh picked green beans
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Funny. Every summer, I get a serious hankering for hot dogs, good chips, and chili.

Kinda like a summer ritual.

Me too, and I gotta have a creamy sweet coleslaw.

We usually do up dogs and chili on Labour Day weekend, but I will not be here, so tonight was a night everyone was going to be home.

We are having fried ham and potato salad.. We just had hot dogs the other day.. First I have had in years.. Very good.
Ramen soup. Paired with a nice glass of ice water.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Grilled Antelope steak

***Drool***

I love antelope meat
Chili slaw dogs are the business.

Not even sure what we have defrosted.....probably some baked chicken and whatever else is in the cupboard. Maybe bean salad.

Friday night is going to be marinated albi steaks on the grill. Just seared and raw as fugg.

Sunday will be venison and scalloped potatoes.
Watermelon!! And definitely not one of those fake seedless H2O Melons.

Rattlesnakes!!

[Linked Image]

David, that's a heck of an unveiling job you got there!
Last night was a nice plate of shrimp sauteed in butter, garlic, and fresh cilantro with some mango hot sauce drizzled over the top and a big salad.

Tonight, it's a couple Chicago style hot dogs and some baked beans.
leftover ps'getti squash with sauce, ice cream and 2 cookies
Originally Posted by byc

Rattlesnakes!!

[Linked Image]

How the hell'd you do that? It's cool however you did it.

I'm having left over bean soup and biscuits.
Dove breast with pineapple, jolapenos, wrapped in bacon with wild rice
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by byc

Rattlesnakes!!

[Linked Image]

How the hell'd you do that? It's cool however you did it.

I'm having left over bean soup and biscuits.

HA!!---I'm flattered but I didn't do it yet. But it does look way cool. Maybe for the next tailgate. Gotta' start with 2 H2Omelons.

http://www.techinsider.io/how-to-look-like-you-skinned-a-watermelon-2015-9
A salad with garden +tomatoes and cukes, a handful of prawns tossed in with Feta cheese. A dump of olive oil, both Balsamic and red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Done good to go eating light helping towards my week long elk hunt next month at 12K feet.
Leftover chicken burritos. Quesso Fresco, Mexican crema, home grown maters, salsa Verde, lettuce, and flour torts.

Two of them!

Tricky SOB is you!
Originally Posted by ironbender

Yep,,,, he had me going.

I'm feeling kinda dumb right now,,,, but the soup was delicious.
Yeah but dang is he honest or what!!?? grin
Locally raised roast beef, mashed taters, homegrown tomaters,
homegrown swiss chard. And homegrown pear compote on the side.
Pork loin and taters
Rattlesnake or Charleston Grey and I will spit seeds.
It was chicken and andouille gumbo tonight. Not the right weather around here for it, but outside influences threw an envie on me so I had to make some. grin
Pork loin chops tonight.
Pounded, seasoned, smeared with Mexican Crema, and dredged in Panko.

They didn't suck.
I had fried balona sandwiches and banana cream pie!
Baked BBQ'd chicken (we'd drown on the porch, with all the rain), smashed taters with shallots and scallions, corn on the cob.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Baked BBQ'd chicken (we'd drown on the porch, with all the rain), smashed taters with shallots and scallions, corn on the cob.

Wish we had some rain
Area I hunt in is still on fire. frown
Sean, be glad to send some your way. But like I was kidding Keith about, you'll have to put up with the thunderboomers and light show, too. smile

Last Saturday night when what was left of Erika passed through, we had the best light show I've seen in years. My dog was trying to climb inside my shirt. smile
Last night

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tonight
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dang Brother!!! grin
Damn that looks good! I'm having TX State Fair Corn Dogs and French fries while watching my Aggie's best AZ State. cry
Clearly you ain't chasing elk at 12,000 feet this fall? grin
[Linked Image]
Those crustacean's look pretty flippin' good...!
No pics, sorry, my daughter and I just devoured it. Seared (lightly) some blue fin tuna. SnP, Tony Chacherio, and a touch of Old Bay. Deglazed pan with some lime juice and added a small amount of Hoisin sauce.

Was a heck of a gift from a friend. Came with a gallon zip lock of New Mexico chiles too.
Supper was roasted chicken, and a baked potato, along with a spinach/romaine salad with mandarin orange dressing.
Chicken fajitas tonight!
Steelhead trout last night, hamburger helper tonight. I highly reccomend last night, and not tonight!
© 24hourcampfire