Home
Posted By: 5sdad Medicinal Use for Potatoes - 12/20/15
Has anyone ever considered using mashed or boiled potatoes as a treatment for burns? They sure as hell lose heat faster than any other substance on Earth.
Posted By: byc Re: Medicinal Use for Potatoes - 12/20/15
Vodka??

Made mashed tonight and they did get hot fast. Hot milk made them even hotter!
The Irish have used em to combat hunger for centuries....
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Medicinal Use for Potatoes - 12/20/15
Originally Posted by byc
Vodka??

But, did they stay hot long enough to get to the table and then melt butter that was placed on them?
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by byc
Vodka??

But, did they stay hot long enough to get to the table and then melt butter that was placed on them?

That's a great question and no they do not.

But, learned a little trick several years ago from one of my smarter guys.

Mash them ahead of serving. Then place in a stainless mixing bowl with a simmering water bath underneath. Drizzle some hot milk and butter round the edges. Mix in before serving. They actually do stay hot and do not break down. Works great!!
Posted By: Wyogal Re: Medicinal Use for Potatoes - 12/20/15
A powdered potato formula is medically used to stop bleeding. Its been used for years.
okay...am I being played here? crazy
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Medicinal Use for Potatoes - 12/20/15
Thanks for the tip - will have to try it.
To keep mine warm I preheat the bowl I am dgoing to mash them in with hot water. I also heat the milk or cream I will use as well as the butter. Never an issue losing heat.

Merry Christmas all.
Posted By: Pete E Re: Medicinal Use for Potatoes - 12/25/15
And pre heat the plates the meal is going to be served on..In fact for any hot meal I always pre heat the plates and can't abide luke warm food served on cold plates...
Originally Posted by Pete E
And pre heat the plates the meal is going to be served on..In fact for any hot meal I always pre heat the plates and can't abide luke warm food served on cold plates...

+1 ^^^^^^^^^ I even throw the plate in the microwave for a minute while my eggs are cooking in the morning.....
© 24hourcampfire