Home
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day, sooooooooooo, what is on the menu ? I am about to examine the possibilities in the kitchen ! smile

Just noting the time you posted this brought back memories of my grandmother. At age 8 yrs she was cooking three meals a day for 11 brothers and sister, parents, and several cousins, while babysitting her younger sister. She continued rising between 1AM and 3Am to cook until in her 80s.

Uh, to the OP, bacon and eggs.
Pancakes with real maple syrup and bacon. Along with a few cups of good black coffee, it made a simple and satisfying meal.
Good God do some people really think that everyone really cares gives a darn what others eat every meal, every day ?????????????
Originally Posted by mohick
Good God do some people really think that everyone really cares gives a darn what others eat every meal, every day ?????????????

Just making conversation. Feel free to move along.
Originally Posted by mohick

Yes actually they do, sharing menus, food ideas, getting recommendations about different types of foods we do not necessarily eat or know how to prepare, sharing memories of meals had with family and friends, just plain talking about food and cooking and the enjoyment of it all, right down to a pancake.

What did/will you have for breakfast, dinner, supper, and special occasions has been shared in this forum and the main campfire forum for as long as I have been around. It is part of what this forum is all about.

By the way, I am not just "some people", ask Denny.

Lynn

I made an omelet this morning, added mushrooms I browned in butter first, some of that 5 year old reserve cheddar cheese, and chives. Not bad, not bad at all, but I think next time if I use cheese I will use something mellower. Served it with some nice farmers sausage and crusty bread that I toasted in the oven instead of the toaster which I plan to fire through the door on to the street soon mad
Steel cut Oats with a Tbsp. of Agave for sweetener, and a cup of Lapsang Souchong tea.

In a few hours I'll be ready for some real food for lunch! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
I made an omelet this morning, added mushrooms I browned in butter first, some of that 5 year old reserve cheddar cheese, and chives. Not bad, not bad at all, but I think next time if I use cheese I will use something mellower. Served it with some nice farmers sausage and crusty bread that I toasted in the oven instead of the toaster which I plan to fire through the door on to the street soon mad

You've been using my NEW toaster??
Had some leftover pork and cannelloni beans that I did with a red pasta sauce and chicken stock cassoulet with two farm fresh brown eggs sunny side.

Some crusty bread would have been nice, but none on hand.
Bacon,eggs,toast with 4-1/2 cups of coffee.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Possibly, maybe, could be, I might have, you can't prove it, there are no finger prints, not even any toast crumbs in it since I shook it two hundred and fifty thousand times trying to teach it a lesson even, maybe it wasn't even me, maybe it was my evil sister, yeah, yeah, that's it, my evil twin sister ! Yeeahhhhh, that's my story and I am sticking to it ! cool whistle
I went back to the comfort food of my youth - cream chipped beef on toast. Even the picky teenager licked the pot. He didn't care for my biscuits, though, even though I finally got them right!

I've been waiting to make this breakfast for a couple weeks now.

FC
Coffee and Red Bull
nada...nothing!
Originally Posted by byc
nada...nothing!

Pourquoi donne moi ?
ummmm....Wee Wee!! I mean Oui!
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Possibly, maybe, could be, I might have, you can't prove it, there are no finger prints, not even any toast crumbs in it since I shook it two hundred and fifty thousand times trying to teach it a lesson even, maybe it wasn't even me, maybe it was my evil sister, yeah, yeah, that's it, my evil twin sister ! Yeeahhhhh, that's my story and I am sticking to it ! cool whistle

If you drive by and see it crushed and laying in my front swale, you'll know we won't have to deal with it any more. smile
Had my usual. 2 eggs sunny, 2 slices of dry toast with blackberry jam, big Turvis Tumbler full of burn your tongue coffee. Would have had some Jimmy Dean sausage, but forgot I thawed it out last night specifically for a nice Sunday breakfast.
Originally Posted by byc

Fail !

I am asking why no breakfast ?
A half of a brat, before it went bad, a fried egg, toast for the first meal of the day.

Noon brought sirloin top steak, hot fried in a pan, baked spuds, trimmings, iceberg salad.

Supper, Wabigoon Lake pickerel, hash browns done with a peeler, cheese toped, Cole slaw with apple, and pineapple.

I need to eat less, not "better".
Well I made biscuits this morning, fried some bacon then eggs. Did this while consuming 3 cups of Community coffee.
Originally Posted by byc

OUI,

I always did like that magazine.
Tomorrow is gonna be chorizo & hash browns.
a bowl of oats, ice water and some.......
Sent the wifey out to the nearby Mom & Pop to get Bacon & Egg biscuits both mornins this weekend. They know that we require mucho bacon on ours.
Potato pancakes and fried eggs this morning. Added flour to last nights cheesy sour cream mashed taters and got out the cast iron.
BREAKFAST

I like breakfast in the daytime
When it’s morning.
I like breakfast in the nighttime
When it’s dark.
I like breakfast in the winter
When it’s storming.
I like breakfast in the summer
By the park.

--

I like breakfast in a truckstop
With the drivers.
I like breakfast in a café
On a stool.
I like breakfast in a city
With the diverse.
I like breakfast in a hotel
By the pool.

--

I like breakfast on a Monday
'Fore the timeclocks.
I like breakfast on a Sunday
When it’s brunch.
I like breakfast at a meeting
From a white box.
I like breakfast at eleven
When it’s lunch.

--

I like cereal for breakfast
‘Cause it’s easy.
I like ‘taters and diced onion
In a mound.
I like omelets for my breakfast
‘Cause they’re cheesy.
I like patty beef with onion
Cooked up round.

--
I like sausages and pancakes
With some maple.
I like sunnyups with bacon
Crispy fried.
I like to have cold orange juice
On my table.
I like rye bread toast and butter
On the side.

--

I like steaming mugs of coffee
Black and brewed slow.
I like breakfast ’cause it really
Makes me smile.
The next time that I travel
To a gun show.
I’ll have breakfast, then I’ll see ya…
‘Cross the aisle.

But to be specific, in addition to the usuals, I like the unusuals.

In winter that means baked beans on toast with an egg on top. Or ham and cheesy grits. In summer it means a microwaved tomato with olive oil, fresh basil, and cheese plus a side of toast with marmite or vegemite.

On fancy days it means a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and capers. And a Bloody Mary!
At 7am, I had Chicken fried steak, home fries, whole wheat toast, and 2 extra large sunny side up. Was mighty good... It's now 12:45pm, and I'm still feeling good... :-)
© 24hourcampfire