Home
Posted By: antlers Anyone ever had a Slopper...? - 04/14/16
[Linked Image]
It's a cheeseburger served in a bowl and smothered with Pueblo green chile sauce. Ya' eat it with a spoon. This one's topped with chopped onions and is from the Sunset Inn in Pueblo.
Good stuff...!
Had a screamer a few times. Her name was Sherri.
So if you finish one and order another is that slopper seconds?

Mike
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Had a screamer a few times. Her name was Sherri.

I gave my boss a sweater for his b'day.Sherri's sister. Boy was he pissed. laugh
blush grin
Closest thig was at Margarete's in Tierra Amarilla NM, a restaurant/joint.

Ordered green chile burgers and these thingt that tlooked kind of like what you posted came out on a plate. My wife and I started grumbling, before we started eating the open face Green Chile burger.

DANG it was REALLY good.

Chile likely came from Baca's in ABQ (may have been local), but it made a fine burger.

Planned to eat there on the "way through" a few years later and they were closed on that day of the week.

Like the "Burrito Wagon" in Taos back in the day when there was no such thing as a food truck, one just never knows where they will stumble on some great eats!

Yes, Green Chile, Red Chilie and Black Powder as well as Mother and Father should always be capitalized due to their higher station in life no matter what the teach in school!
i'd turn that into poop in a new york minute. literally
Never had a "slopper " but Blakes green chile cheese burger is a must when I visit Taos.
© 24hourcampfire