Home
Posted By: FieldGrade Hoecakes - 06/22/16
Saw Steelhead's post about hoecakes over in the general forum about hoecakes so since I've never had em I thought I'd give em try...
I used this simple recipe I found on line....easy to make and they turned out much better than I had expected....I was expecting something similar to cornbread...(not that I have anything against cornbread).....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/hoecakes-recipe.html

SH put some kind of corn syrup that's only sold on Missippi River Boats (or something like that:) on his but since the only thing sold around here is Karo I slathered mine with butter and apricot preserves....

I only made a half batch but I still have enough batter left for tomorrow morning...can't wait....

PS....I made a couple of extras for the dogs to try....they approve....
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hoecakes - 06/22/16
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Saw Steelhead's post about hoecakes over in the general forum about hoecakes so since I've never had em I thought I'd give em try...
I used this simple recipe I found on line....easy to make and they turned out much better than I had expected....I was expecting something similar to cornbread...(not that I have anything against cornbread).....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/hoecakes-recipe.html

SH put some kind of corn syrup that's only sold on Missippi River Boats (or something like that:) on his but since the only thing sold around here is Karo I slathered mine with butter and apricot preserves....

I only made a half batch but I still have enough batter left for tomorrow morning...can't wait....

PS....I made a couple of extras for the dogs to try....they approve....

FG, My dawg is a pretty worthy critic by now, too. grin
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Hoecakes - 06/22/16
grin

Funny story.....my sister....a misguided CA liberal but I love her....is convinced that dogs don't have taste buds.....

Course she has a Chit Su sooooooo..... crazy

PS.....I may have misspelled Chit Su..... grin
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Hoecakes - 06/23/16
That's pretty much how I make them. I do like to cook them in bacon fat.

The syrup was Pure Cane Syrup.

PS: My dogs, most especially the big male, LOVE hoecakes
© 24hourcampfire