Home
Posted By: ironbender Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Grilled a cut up whole chicken 2 days ago. I have the 2 breast halves left over. Need an idea other than a chicken stir fry, please!
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Small single serving of chicken rice soup would be nice or if you have some grapes and apples make some chicken waldorf salad.Add some crushed walnuts to the mix for good eats !!!
Posted By: RWE Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
dice for chicken salad, with mayo....
Posted By: add Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Jerk it.

The chicken that is.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
I grilled a whole chicken the other day and my daughter used the leftovers to make chicken spinach enchiladas. They didn't suck.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Chicken enchiladas!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Small single serving of chicken rice soup would be nice or if you have some grapes and apples make some chicken waldorf salad.Add some crushed walnuts to the mix for good eats !!!

This !

I can taste it !
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
I'd be making a pot of chicken and rice. Add in some peas and carrots, onion and a bit of garlic. Lunch for several days. Microwave it hot, and pour on the Mango hot sauce. smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
lots of good ideas. Some better suited to cooler temps for our palates. Temps are brutal this time of year. It's pushing 70*F.

I'll suggest some of these to the CEO. Thanks.

Oh, Sam. somehow I'm fresh out of mango hot sauce.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Hard to beat a plain, old chicken sandwich: mayo and maybe a slice of tomato, black pepper on the tomato, salt on the chicken.
Posted By: sse Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Chicken sammy, mayo, lettuce, cheese, tomato, on toasted whole wheat, shuddup...

Oh, Sam. somehow I'm fresh out of mango hot sauce.

He's divulged the recipe for that a million times.

Posted By: sse Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Hard to beat a plain, old chicken sandwich: mayo and maybe a slice of tomato, black pepper on the tomato, salt on the chicken.

Great, ya stole my idea and posted 43 seconds before me.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Hard to beat a plain, old chicken sandwich: mayo Miracle Whip and maybe a slice of tomato, black pepper on the tomato, salt on the chicken.

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Need An Idea - 06/29/16
Chopped chicken and green onions over white rice. Heat sesame oil till smoking and pour over mix, add soy to taste.

Fast, simple, almost refreshing.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Hard to beat a plain, old chicken sandwich: mayo Miracle Whip and maybe a slice of tomato, black pepper on the tomato, salt on the chicken.

Fixed it for you.

No, ya didn't.
OK. I was busy working on the mower. (Yes, grass does grow here)

Mrs IB made lettuce/tomahto salads with slices of the spiced chicken on top. No complaints here.

Appreciate the contributions.
Originally Posted by sse
Chicken sammy, mayo, lettuce, cheese, tomato, on toasted whole wheat, shuddup...

Fresh outta bread too. Need to make some.

BTW, it'll have gluten added. cry
Posted By: sse Re: Need An Idea - 06/30/16
BTW, it'll have gluten added.

I like mine with extra gluten.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Need An Idea - 06/30/16
try it on a sammich with ranch instead of mayo. grill it and season the bread with a shake of tony chacheres creol while grilling.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Need An Idea - 06/30/16
Originally Posted by srwshooter
try it on a sammich with ranch instead of mayo. grill it and season the bread with a shake of tony chacheres creol while grilling.

now that sounds good. I'd add some lettuce, and a thick slice of red, ripe tomato. smile
© 24hourcampfire