Home
Does anyone know what the MAJOR differences are between the Genesis and Spirit grills?
We've been without a gas grill for 5-6 years now mainly because I had decided to never buy another POS gas grill that is completely worthless within a season or two of use.
The virtues of charcoal[or ceramic eggs]is not needed as I have multiple smokers and charcoal grills that I use regularly.
I need/want something where I can cook a steak or whatever on at a moments notice if so desired.

Differences?

Thanks

Edit: I can't find any appreciable difference beyond the Spirit line being smaller[shorter H and less grill sq.inches].
Should work fine since most of the time it's just the two of us.
You can't get stainless grates or flavorizer bars for the Spirit series.

Also the Genesis is considered to be better/more robustly constructed with better materials.

I'd get the Genesis. I did and it's fugking awesome.

Dave
I got the Genesis in '11 or so. Wish I knew how many hours we've cooked on it. I second Dave they're awesome gas grills.
Originally Posted by deflave
You can't get stainless grates or flavorizer bars for the Spirit series.

Also the Genesis is considered to be better/more robustly constructed with better materials.

I'd get the Genesis. I did and it's fugking awesome.

Dave

How do the BTU's compare?

A buddy of mine got a Spirit and it seems a little light in the BTU department compared to the Ducane he left in a recent move.
Genesis is higher.

Dave
Genesis. Done.

Need more reasons?

Easy to get replacement parts.
Easy to clean.
Better temperature control over a wider range.
Well, I guess it will be a Genesis. I am going to integrate it into a block wall I am building on one of our patios so longevity is a big factor.
Thanks
© 24hourcampfire