Home
Posted By: FyrepowrX 4th of July BBQ.... - 07/12/16
Kids came over in the afternoon for dinner, so i spent the day attending to the smoker(had a couple of racks of ribs in there), also made a couple pans of baked beans, and a big tray of Enchiladas...

smoked 2 pork butts yesterday also, so i'll try another variation on the enchiladas tomorrow with smoked pork...this first batch were cheese.

best thing about the holidays are left overs for a few days. wink

apple wood in the firebox...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

beans in the oven:
[Linked Image]

and, a trough of enchiladas...didn't make enough apparently, only had enough to get a couple bites of those on the second day.

rolled & in the pan:
[Linked Image]

topped, layered, ready to bake:
[Linked Image]

done:
[Linked Image]

sittin here looking at these echiladas and just realized we skipped lunch today, and i'm gettin kinda hungry. wink

Posted By: 458 Lott Re: 4th of July BBQ.... - 07/12/16
Nice!

I smoked my first pork butt for the 4th, came out great. Made enchiladas with the leftovers the next day, and still had some left which I froze and we had last night with some pilaf.

Posted By: local_dirt Re: 4th of July BBQ.... - 07/12/16
Nice looking spread, fyrepowrx!

Been working on perfecting my cast iron ribeye method. This one was from the 4th, but I think I reached the pinnacle with the one I did last night. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FyrepowrX Re: 4th of July BBQ.... - 07/13/16
that ribeye looks fantastic.....thinking i need a breakfast steak now... wink
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: 4th of July BBQ.... - 07/13/16

Looks great

I always put my baked beans under the meat and let the drippings fall into the beans. I stir it up every now and then, makes some good beans.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: 4th of July BBQ.... - 07/13/16
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

Looks great

I always put my baked beans under the meat and let the drippings fall into the beans. I stir it up every now and then, makes some good beans.

That was going to be my comment as well.

Or also throw in some leftover brisket/pulled pork from the last shindig to give it a little extra.
Posted By: sse Re: 4th of July BBQ.... - 07/15/16
Great looking food. You must have had a lot of mouths to feed!
© 24hourcampfire