Home
Saw a post of triple dipped, beer battered "fried' chicken off the grill using a Vortex and a Weber kettle and knew we had to try the recipe following it to a "T" on a kamado grill smoking with a chunk of apple wood and chicken thighs.

[Linked Image]
-----

[Linked Image]
-----

Well I'll be danged... it was unbelievably crispy as any fried chicken we've ever had!

[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking!
Looks tasty! How about a recipe?
Looks great. Ex and I used to make fri-bqued chicken often in the summer time. Bread/flour and brown in a skillet, then off to the grill. Was still able to make gravy and got rid of most of the dripping fat. Win Win!

Smokey fried chicken is great.
that ain't fried chicken. Just saying...................
Originally Posted by smokinggun

Seasoned with Owens BBQ Buffalo Wing seasoning, then followed the following recipe for the rest. But instead of fried I did them on the BGE around a full vortex of lump running 450º with a chunk of apple wood till an internal temp of at least 175º in the thighs. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/89268/triple-dipped-fried-chicken
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Never once did I post it was fried.
Please clarify as to the grill type or method. Not understanding.

They look great, have recipe bookmarked.
Originally Posted by cv540
Please clarify as to the grill type or method. Not understanding.

This was cooked with a large Big Green Egg cooking indirect with a small Vortex.
Originally Posted by MossyMO

uh, your thread title says "Triple Dipped, Beer Battered "Fried' Chicken, off the grill?"

uh, your thread title says "Triple Dipped, Beer Battered "Fried' Chicken, off the grill?"

Note the quotation marks around "fried"...
Triple dipped!! Would you like a side of meat with your crust?????? Guess you like fried beer and flour??
Originally Posted by mohick
Triple dipped!! Would you like a side of meat with your crust?????? Guess you like fried beer and flour??

Damn straight I like the crust! If it's good I could make a meal out of the crust.
Originally Posted by mathman

Damn straight I like the crust! If it's good I could make a meal out of the crust.

modick knows not of what he driveleth.
MossyMO

whatever. It's still not "fried" chicken either. laughing
I'll bet it is very good.
Originally Posted by smokinggun

Seasoned with Owens BBQ Buffalo Wing seasoning, then followed the following recipe for the rest. But instead of fried I did them on the BGE around a full vortex of lump running 450º with a chunk of apple wood till an internal temp of at least 175º in the thighs. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/89268/triple-dipped-fried-chicken

Thanks!
Will be trying this on the plain old Weber kettle!
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Like a lot of 24hr regulars he's just here to criticize and start chit....never anything intelligent or helpful to add....
Later today he plans to kick a puppy.....
MossyMO

whatever. It's still not "fried" chicken either. laughing

It's Faux Fried Chicken.

Call it what ya want......looks good.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Like a lot of 24hr regulars he's just here to criticize and start chit....never anything intelligent or helpful to add....

Yes, he is a retard.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Yes, he is a first class retard.

Fixed it......
Originally Posted by MadMooner

It's Faux Fried Chicken.

Call it what ya want......looks good.

AMEN!!!!! Shut up and lets eat......

Him now on ignoreth. grin wink

Damned auto correct! No man ever sent a text to a women saying he wanted to " kick her puppy"!!!
Originally Posted by calikooknic

Damned auto correct! No man ever sent a text to a women saying he wanted to " kick her puppy"!!!

Clearly I'm getting old because I have no idea what you just said....

I'd still like to try a piece of that chicken though...
© 24hourcampfire