Home
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
These are the Hoffmans snappy "white" grillers.....the best from a grocer you can get I'd say. These particular ones are dressed with a little bit of Dukes, Jack Daniels mustard, home made slaw, and some homemade relishes (chopped up kalamata olives and pepperoncinis), home grown tomatoes on some poppy seed buns.
Just stopped at the store and picked up a pack of Hemplers. Haven't had them before, but they looked good.

As far as dressing a dog, chili slaw dogs can't be beat. Often a bit of mayo and mustard and some diced onion does nicely.

Those chit birds in Chicago can fugg up a perfectly good tube steak.

Mayo on a dog?
If ya eat slaw on a dawg you"re eating mayo.
When the dog is in the bun the first thing that goes on is yellow mustard. If another thing goes on it's chili. If another thing goes on it's diced onion, preferably purple onion. There endeth the list.
As odd as it sounds, a small dab of peanut butter on the bun before you put the dog in makes for a good dog. Some good spicy chili sauce, onions and cheese..... Yummy...
Looks properly dragged through the garden
Chilli, cheese, relish, onion, Tums for dessert.
Sauerkraut, ketchup, mustard, onion. Same dessert
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Ah, Greek Sauce, I thought it was just an Erie thing.

Another Erie thing is Smiths Hot Dogs, all beef, in natural casings, and smoked.
Zweigles hots here are #1
Originally Posted by mathman
Mayo on a dog?

Dogs need Duke's.
several days a week, I'll have two Hebrew National dogs for lunch. One with mustard and slaw, the other with chili, onions and mustard.
Applesauce for dessert. smile
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
several days a week, I'll have two Hebrew National dogs for lunch. One with mustard and slaw, the other with chili, onions and mustard.
Applesauce for dessert. smile
I didn't realize they served that at the old folks home laugh
[Linked Image]
Today's version, washed down with a "Best Damn Rootbeer" (5.5% )

Dan, on Tuesday, we get pizza at the home. lol
Dam.....you guys eat some big ass lunches....
I had 4 saltines with tuna salad on em.....
Hoffman's are good, sucks that we can't get them up here. Zweigles are also pretty good. A garbage plate is an awesome way to end a night of boozin, I miss Nick Tahoe's.

[Linked Image] [/quote]

Can't beat a good plate
Costco 1/4+ pounders in their properly sized bun with onions, tomatoes and mustard. Simple.
mustard, onions and pickle relish!! Maybe chili on a special occasion.

Costco dogs are great. But I will not buy them from the food counter. Buns get too soggy.

I usually buy Nathans but I'm seeing a lot of new names here that I'm going to look for.

Thanks!!!
Nathans dogs in 145* water with just a scant hint of kosher salt in your water for 2 hours or so then served on a steamed bun with a swipe of yellow mustard. DAMN !!!!!!!Just like at the ball game.

Only thing missing is mom and apple pie !!!!!!

Meat sauce, kraut, onion, cheese, mustard, and Franks redhot
Lil yells mustard, chili, shredded cheddar, and coleslaw.

THAT is what goes on a proper dog.

BTW, what is meat sauce? Like chili?
If it is anything but pork, it is not a hot dog; it may look like a hot dog, and people are more than welcome to enjoy them if they so desire, but they are not hot dogs.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Lil yells mustard, chili, shredded cheddar, and coleslaw.

THAT is what goes on a proper dog.

BTW, what is meat sauce? Like chili?

Sort of

It looks kind of like sloppy hoe mix, but not sweet.

I make mine with worchestershire sauce, and yellow mustard, garlic and onion powder
Mustard, onions, chili, cheese, and a little pickle relish is the way to go.
I fix me some like that at least twice a week. Good stuff!
Casper dogs, mayo, horseradish, and brown or Dijon mustard. Mustard and kraut optional.
hot dogs are bologna in a tube,so why not eat mayo on them.

grilled hotdog,mayo and cheese
fried bologna,mayo and cheese

taste about the same.
this thread put me on an endless hunt for some of these new dog names. Finally, found Sahlen's at Wegmans in NOVA. They also had Hofmann's to include the white dogs. Is that racist? eek

Dang what great dogs!! Both of them.

Even made my own chili!!

PS: Not all slaw has mayo and mayo has no place on a good dog!! sick
Originally Posted by byc
... PS: Not all slaw has mayo and mayo has no place on a good dog!! sick

And if it's desecrated by being chopped (or, shudder, run through a food processor) instead of being sliced, it isn't slaw.
Originally Posted by byc
Mayo has no place on a good dog!! sick

Amen, Preach it Brother!
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Swill? But I could like it. grin
Looks like damn fine swillage .
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I gotta check this place out.