Home
Posted By: laker Elk tenderloin - 11/26/16
I have an elk tenderloin thawing out for supper tomorrow night and was wondering what your guys favorite way to cook a whole tenderloin
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/26/16
Montreal, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, and thyme. Slather it up and roast in a hot oven till 115 internal and pull to rest for at least twenty minutes.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/26/16
Season how you like cook/grill indirect heat about 300 till internal is 115-120 tops. We really like doing beef tenderloin same way.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/26/16
I like to brown up the outside in a hot cast iron skillet before popping the tenderloin in the oven. A couple minutes per side in a HOT pan with just a bit of high heat oil like grape seed oil. Then pop it in the oven to finish.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/27/16
no Elk here in Florida, but I like deer tenderloin on the grill. I rub it with olive oil, then my basic dry rub. I make a fire using Pecan and Oak, let that burn down to coals, and grill it.
Posted By: rong Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/27/16
All solid,,what time do we eat?
Posted By: LostArra Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/27/16
Reverse sear. Basically same as Kaleb but at 110 I move it to a HOT grill or even a HOT skillet. Sear for a minute on each side. Rest then serve.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rong Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/27/16
my goodness,that looks tastey...
Posted By: laker Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/27/16
Wow that looks good
Posted By: laker Re: Elk tenderloin - 11/27/16
It turned out damn good. Thanks guys
Posted By: Firemann Re: Elk tenderloin - 12/21/16
That's perfectly cooked and served with a nice Chanti'
Posted By: GregW Re: Elk tenderloin - 12/22/16
I cook mine like a tritip. Hot seat over mesquite for a minute or two, finish in oven until rare to mid rare....

I make a sauce with the au jus....

After a thick ribeye steak, this is my favorite red meat preparation...
© 24hourcampfire