Home
What to do with leftover canned tom sauce? Well, add water and then all of the other ingredients of a bloody mary, of course.
Okay MM! Great idea as long as it's not for my consumption. Guessing you serve it at a party and nobody knows the difference it works. BUT if I know what you're serving me then I would likely decline.

Have a hard time drinking something that I would use to make spaghetti sauce. Even though I know it's the SOS. It really is.

Not sure why but just makes sense. Did I overthink this??

Maybe I should see a shrink!! eek

I'm sick!
The canned tom sauce tastes just like thick tomato juice, I swear.

Be open...Oh, and yes, seek help. grin
I prefer my vodka straight. lol
People go crazy over their bloody Mary's around here but I just can't like them.

I'll take an old fashioned,jack and coke,mule,or pbr with my breakfast.
I tended bar at a Bloody Mary party yesterday. I offered:

Bloody Mary (spicy or not)

Bloody Maria (with tequila)

Virgin Mary (no booze)

Bloody Marina (with Clamato)

or

A Glass of Whine ("But I don't like Bloody Marys")

The secret to my Bloody Mary is a mix of dill pickle juice, sweet pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, and celery seed. Half a teaspoon to a 5-oz drink.

I went through seven liters of Mr T's Spicy Mix, one liter of mild, and a liter of Clamato. Two glasses of wine. They kinda liked the BMs...
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Virgin Mary (no booze)

or

The secret to my Bloody Mary is a mix of dill pickle juice, sweet pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, and celery seed. Half a teaspoon to a 5-oz drink.

I went through seven liters of Mr T's Spicy Mix, one liter of mild, and a liter of Clamato. Two glasses of wine. They kinda liked the BMs...

Very creative. I still maintain the concoction is 'food'.
OK, I'm going to pick up a bottle of Vodka, Bloody Mary's for me today :-)
I like mine with gin. Hot sauce, woostershire, horseradish, celery seed, black pepper, lime, olive juice, and Mrs T spicy. Add all the flavoring so, then gin, then the mix. Stir and top with olives. Sometimes a shake of BBQ dry rub.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I like mine with gin. Hot sauce, woostershire, horseradish, celery seed, black pepper, lime, olive juice, and Mrs T spicy. Add all the flavoring so, then gin, then the mix. Stir and top with olives. Sometimes a shake of BBQ dry rub.

Wow! I'm going to save that recipe and try it.

Pretty elaborate. That has to be an aphrodisiac.
Any cook at the club usually starts with me being told " you know you've got to do first"!

A pitcher or two always goes down!

Virgin Mary (no booze)

or

Rock, try the dill pickle juice in your homemade tartar sauce some time. You can thank me later. smile
Originally Posted by BamBam

Wow! I'm going to save that recipe and try it.

Actually, that's a very good mix! My favorite is almost the same.. minus the gin.. substitute good vodka and I use hot sauce instead of horseradish, although the horseradish doesn't sound like a bad idea, nor the dry rub. Might have to try that.

Thanks, Sean.
It's amazing what can happen when you start out with half of a little can of tomato sauce... laugh
I had a bottle of Frank's on the bar for anyone wanting a bit more heat. But this is Utah, Home of the Bland Palate. (they consider ketchup as a hot sauce...) So I left out the horseradish and other tastebud tinglers.
I had a bottle of Frank's on the bar for anyone wanting a bit more heat. But this is Utah, Home of the Bland Palate. (they consider ketchup as a hot sauce...) So I left out the horseradish and other tastebud tinglers.

Usually Tapatio, El Yucateca, or sieracha for me.
I probably have 12-15 different types of hot sauce at the house. My bud, Mr. Mannlicher made sure that number got rounded up a bit. grin
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I probably have 12-15 different types of hot sauce at the house.

Greg, have you tried any of the Marie Sharp's sauces ?

http://www.mariesharpusa.com

Love all the varieties but the interweb is my only source. Love the stuff !!!!
I probably have 12-15 different types of hot sauce at the house. My bud, Mr. Mannlicher made sure that number got rounded up a bit. grin

Got a gift from Florida myself, just haven't used it in a Bloddy Mary. Might have to change that Saturday!
Denny, have not tried that brand. Haven't seen it down here either, that I can remember.

If you know of anything available down here that you'd like, shoot me a pm. I don't mind picking it up for you.

Got a gift from Florida myself, just haven't used it in a Bloddy Mary. Might have to change that Saturday!

Good deal! If it's the tabasco, watch your 6. grin
Denny, have not tried that brand. Haven't seen it down here either, that I can remember.

Each of the varieties I have enjoyed have a wonderful buttery mouth feel . I'd go on the hunt to find some if I were you.

Thanks for the kind offer as well. smile

Good deal! If it's the tabasco, watch your 6. grin

It is. My coworkers can't believe the white guy brought this stuff to work!
laugh laugh
This is what I use. It's excellent.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire