Home
Posted By: wabigoon Eat to live, or, live to eat? - 01/17/17
Somewhat like Billy Martin on the old Miller Lite beer TV commercials, I feel strongly, both ways.

What do you all think?
I do enjoy eating.

Mike
duh
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Somewhat like Billy Martin on the old Miller Lite beer TV commercials, I feel strongly, both ways.

What do you all think?

I think you are correct, Sir!
Posted By: JPro Re: Eat to live, or, live to eat? - 01/17/17
I enjoy eating tasty food, and hate eating tasteless foods. BUT, when I get in a mindset that everything has to be delicious, it can get out of hand. This tends to happen on vacations or around holidays. For me, it's best to eat "right" about 80-90% of the time, looking forward to and enjoying those couple of indulgent meals/drinks I might have in a given week. When you do it so often that the really good stuff quits sounding really good, that's a sign that it's time to dial it back and think about what you are putting in your body. Is for me anyways......
Sometimes ya just gotta fill the hole.
The Irish have a saying.

"I need a meal".

Has nothing to do with content or quality. Could be a potato.. grin
Depends on the situation.

When I'm focused on completing a task it's eat to live.

When I've got nothing going on a Sunday and kids coming over for supper it's live to eat.

Weekdays it's usually eat healthy to pay for the indulgence on Sunday.

An aged ribeye cooked rare with mashed sweet potatoes and collards always sounds good, as does veal marsala or fried oysters and crab cakes or homemade deep dish pizza. I guess that tilts me towards live to eat.
if ya wanna keep livin, ya gotta eat.

That said, I have 2 refrigerator/freezers and a rather large deep freezer. All kinda full. A charcoal grill, a gas grill and a smoker. Fully appointed kitchen and even a homemade grill in the back yard stoked with wood.

I live to eat. grin
With all of the effort that goes into making me feel guilty for eating, I at least want what I eat to be rewarding in terms of taste.
I spend a good amount of my time cooking good food. I enjoy the result. I also just enjoy a good cup of coffee. Enjoy the moment. I personally think people spend too much time thinking of the past or future, the reality is the present. Food is the moment.
I eat a lot of fast food and quick meals, so during the week, it's "eat to live".
But, roughly twice a month, it is a meal out with the wife, or a good steak and such on the grill, or pan fry. So ," live to eat "

(Proud member of P.E.T.A)
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals.
© 24hourcampfire