Home
Posted By: wabigoon The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
Fast food, when that is the only choice, what is your meal?
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
Quarter pounder with cheese/fries because they're everywhere. Some of the lesser known chains have better but the names escape me at the moment.
Posted By: byc Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
Biscuitville!!! 2 country ham biscuits for $3!!

For anything else Panarea Bread, which now has drive thru's or wait 10 minutes for Five Guys is best. No fries.

If I am absolutely forced then a number 2 at McD's, which is 2 small cheeseburgers, fries and a coke. Childhood memories always include a MD cheeseburger.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
Usually any place that has a good deal going on or that we have coupons for. I'm a cheap bastard.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
I did learn the hard way that as tasty as Dairy Queen's 5 buck lunch may be, eating that sundae driving south from Wadena, Mn. could be hazardes to all on the road.
Plain ice cream is one thing, getting just the right amount of chocolate syrup in each spoonfull. Driving with an elbow is not the best policy.

I also have learned to grab a paper towel to put in collar, all that catsup, and sauce drips all over me, and the seat.
Originally Posted by byc
Five Guys is best.

YUP !!! But roughly 90 minutes away for me.Devoted customer when I lived in Pa. Friend's daughter has a free ride @ WVU in Morgantown not far from 5Gs but somehow we just don't connect for a visit. frown
Posted By: EdM Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
I hit one of many Taqueria's around here. A couple chalupas or tacos and I am good. They are good, fast and cheap.
Posted By: byc Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
Nothing's better than road tacos!!! Just nothing consistent here in the SE. You're better off with BBQ or Chick-fil-A.

My niece is a Marketing Director for CF so I have a truck full of coupons. Her Mother's man owns 3 McDonalds and he eats there every single day. Those bad boys make some serious $$$. Never realized the enormity of cash flow for a single store. Many in the middle of no where.

Come to think of it I have never seen a MD's go out of business.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
If I'm eating while driving McDonalds, their burgers are so dry they don't drip all over when eating one hand (pretty miserly with the condiments)

If eating inside Five Guys (when available), Wendy's, or Subway.
Love my Quarter pounders with cheese from McDs but an odd thing from those in my area.

Cold burgers and warm milkshakes right from the counter. Cheese looked like it just came out of the fridge. Sent a few back and I've NEVER done that before as I'm usually too hungry.
Posted By: rem141r Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
arby brisket sandwich or splatto bell.
Posted By: blanket Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
breakfast burrito's from MCD
Posted By: ironbender Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Fast food, when that is the only choice, what is your meal?

At that point it makes little difference to me. It's just filling a hole.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
If I'm taking it home it's a Sonic double cheese burger with everything + jalapenos and tater tots. If on the road it's Taco Hell with their chili cheese burritos or beef burrito supremes. Much easier to eat behind the wheel.

Mike
Posted By: fink65 Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/25/17
Don and Millie's big Double Don Cheeseburger and an order of onion rings. The burger here is as good as it gets for classic fast food.-Mike
Posted By: super T Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/26/17
In/out's double cheeseburger. Onion rings.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/26/17
Carl's
Posted By: local_dirt Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/26/17
There are so many great eateries here, fast food is almost never necessary unless you're in a real hurry. Taquerias out the ying yang, bbq, burger joints, ethnic restaurants where you can eat well for ~ $5-6.

My favorites are the taquerias and neighborhood spanish places.

We really don't suffer here.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/26/17
One of the local taco wagons.

3 lengua tacos with hot sauce and I'm GTG. < $5.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/27/17
Panera Bread, Tuna salad sandwich on honey wheat bread with leaf lettuce, slice red onion and sliced tomato, broccoli cheddar soup (if I eat in), and a superfruit smooth with greek yogurt.

Chick-fil-A, Nuggets or chicken salad sandwich, waffle fries, lemonade. If eating in, chicken noodle soup, spicy southwest salad, and lemonade.
Posted By: Sykotik Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/27/17
I don't eat fast food but 2 or 3 times a year but I like me some Chicken planks from Long John Silver with the hush puppies and cole slaw on the side.

There is a Burger King about 2 miles from here....I order a "Double Meat Cheese Whopper". That usually cracks them up and it ain't half bad.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/27/17
Youall make it sound like the lot is not so bad?
Posted By: Ella Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/27/17
Nother vote for Biscuitville though I go for the bacon, egg and cheese bacon supreme. Wish they had them in SC.

Cook Out burgers are good and their milkshakes are worth going out of your way for.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/27/17
Bojangel's, or Hardee's, or Waffle House.

Damm, ain't none of them close to here.

Subway?
dairy queen double cheeseburger and onion rings
Posted By: Ella Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/27/17
Dillonbuck,

Don't they have a Biscuit World chain up your way? I recall the ones in WVa being the best fastfood biscuit north of the MS line.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/27/17
Not familiar with Biscut World. We are 25 mIles from Maryland here, but kinda rural. Honestly, don't remember them from my trucking days either, but that was 20 years ago. I could add Church's Chicken to the unobtainable list also. At least we are getin a Popeyes in Altoona soon. 35 miles away, but I get there monthly or so.
Posted By: ballyhoo Re: The Best of a Bad Lot?, - 03/29/17
Tudor's Biscuit World! Mainly the Kanawha Valley of WV but scattered in the norther part and KY and OH as well.
© 24hourcampfire