Home
Usually I have soemone else do it for me but im gonna learn how to field dress a deer this year so I can do it in the field, because Ive been getting alot of spoiled meat by not doing it in the field. Please try to give me some guidance.
<br>
<br> Thanks,
<br> J Bob
This is the quick and dirty method.
<br>
<br>
<br>First, carefully cut a circle around the anus so it's free and can be removed by pulling it from within the deer in subsequent steps. I tie it off with string to prevent its contents from tainting the meat.
<br>
<br>Next, if a buck, (skip this step for doe, duh!) remove and discard the testicles and cut the penis free so that it can be removed by the same route as the anus. Starting at the cuts that you just made for removing the penis and testicles, cut the stomach cavity open, continuing to the ribcage. After starting the cut, use the first two fingers of your other hand to help guide your knife. Make sure that you cut through the skin and a thin layer of membrane in order to avoid puncturing the innards.
<br>
<br>Keep following the cut through the ribs and skin, following the breastbone, up into the neck. Now, cut the windpipe and esophagus. Cut the muscle that separates the stomach area from the chest cavity. Allow the animal to roll onto its side, and pull out the entrails. They should come out with relatively little help.
<br>
<br>Next, remove the bladder, this can be tricky. Be extremely careful in removing the bladder! Pinch it off, while you cut it free with the other hand. Try not to allow any urine to get on the meat, if it does, rinse it free with water. Clean any debris from the cavity. Any stomach contents or other substances should be removed as quickly as possible.
<br>
<br>If you want to save the heart or liver, pack it in ice. You are now ready to move the animal. Make sure that you keep it as cool as you can till ready to butcher.
<br>
<br>
Thanks T LEE ! ! !
Is Nada, BTW that is "how to" on most four legged game. Good luck.
© 24hourcampfire