Home
Anyone aware of any free photo hosting sites than can be easily downloaded to the 24 HRC forums?? ( Besides photobucket...)

Thanks!

Ingwe
ingwe,

I have a friend who uses this site. They seem to have a lot of satisfied members.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/index.php

Lynn
http://www.flickr.com/
Originally Posted by ingwe
( Besides photobucket...)

So, apparently I'm not the only one that finds PhotoBucket convoluted, slow (sometimes painfully so), and unpredictable huh. crazy
Originally Posted by pixarezzo

I got logged on to them, but cannot figure out how to transfer pics to the fire forums...and their site is no help....

Ingwe
flickr isn't as secure as they'd like you to believe.
Personally, I've found photobucket to work very well for me.

If you have an ISP that allows you space for a personal webpage, you can often use it to store photos. It might take a little time to learn how to use it and you need an FTP program to upload them (free add-on with firefox, called fireFTP), but it will eliminate all the issues that come up with the commercial storage sites.

I had one of these for years, but they started charging extra so I quit using it.
Ingwe
This isn't actually a photo site, but a technique that I have found to be quicker and easier to use than photobucket.
I drive to Mexico and hire two people to carve out the images that I want to post from igneous rock. I hire another artist to paint the images if color is needed or wanted. Then I buy them two donkeys (reasonably priced at the Headwaters Livestock auction)and have them hand deliver copies of the images to all members of the campfire, keeping one for my own records.
Downside is I have had to buy a larger filing cabinet, but the decrease in frustration is well worth it.

fred
I haven't had much trouble with Photobucket but recently got Smug Mug. It's not free but works really well. $39.95 a year.
Originally Posted by Royce
Ingwe
This isn't actually a photo site, but a technique that I have found to be quicker and easier to use than photobucket.
I drive to Mexico and hire two people to carve out the images that I want to post from igneous rock. I hire another artist to paint the images if color is needed or wanted. Then I buy them two donkeys (reasonably priced at the Headwaters Livestock auction)and have them hand deliver copies of the images to all members of the campfire, keeping one for my own records.
Downside is I have had to buy a larger filing cabinet, but the decrease in frustration is well worth it.

fred
Way too funny!!!!
Ingwe

I was using photobucket but left when I started getting virus problems there. Switched to http://imageshack.us/ and no more problems.

No problems loading pictures to this site .
Hunt101.com works well I have used it for years.
Originally Posted by Royce
Ingwe

fred

Well done, Fred!
Hi,

Photo hosting is the best thing to do. In free photo hosting the space for our photos are limited. Flickr websites, Picasa Web Albums are some of the photo hosting sites.

free image hosting sites
share pictures instantly
Imageshack works well for me too and I know very little about computers or how to operate them. No problems using the Imagashack site. Seems to be quick to upload photos and easy to pull them out for posting on various sites.
My only objection to Photobucket is that they've started playing video ads while the pics upload. I have to turn off the sound to avoid them.
My photobucket account has just gone totally haywire and I have no idea why...still on an XP machine, IE8...could be the reason.
My photobucket locks up every time for some reason. Using imageshack now.
© 24hourcampfire